300 ---can anyone guess what this movie will be about?

Fair enough, your original responses seemed a bit rabid.

That said, trust me, no one with a minimum of two operational cerebral neurons will walk away from the movie theatre thinking ill of ancient Persia.

Fair enough, your original responses seemed a bit rabid.

That said, trust me, no one with a minimum of two operational cerebral neurons will walk away from the movie theatre thinking ill of ancient Persia.
Of course not. Xirces was the only evil one. ;). Just kiddin. Honestly though, it was just a war movie...One side had to be portrayed as the bad guys...

Saw the movie myself, my personal opinion on the matter: The producers took a great story right out of the pages of history and turned it into ****. Elephants are not that big, I don't recall ever reading about Rhino's being mounted as cavalry, Xerxes certainly wasn't nine feet tall, there were two kings in Sparta not just one, I highly doubt there were that many Africans in a PERSIAN army, Sparta certinaly wasn't a grand city with massive public works, and the Spartans did wear body armor, which was very effective for its day.

Basically it's like this, if you don't care that much about history and can look past all the glaring inaccuracies it's a great movie, if you're like me and (going out on a limb here) Phoenix you probably won't like the movie.

It's a good movie, I seen. And of course, it's very inaccurate from the history book.

Can anyone tell me the significance of the Siege of Sparta by Pyrrhus of Epirus? I never got why exactly he sieged Sparta, or the significance of that battle.

*rolls eyes* Well, since we're on the subject...Pirates of the Carribean...The Black Pearls crew didnt really have a curse on them...What? You mean, you would have watched it anyway because its fun to PRETEND?!

WEll, WHen they made the movie they really didnt care about Factual representation, I wont lie me and the GF loved it, she got to see "HOTT GUYS" Half nude the entire movie...and i go my daily helping of Blood, gore and Violence:biggun:

^^^Someones got too much time on 'is hands. Havent you realized, no one here CARES! Honestly...You're not reaching anyone here. Everyone here already admits that they KNOW its a movie. Now, if you want to reach the masses...Here's not the place. Just stop, pheonix.

I never said it wasnt...I agree. It is. But still...We've all established the fact that its not accurate...And it bashes Persia. Wahoo...Can we move on?

^^^Someones got too much time on 'is hands. Havent you realized, no one here CARES! Honestly...You're not reaching anyone here. Everyone here already admits that they KNOW its a movie. Now, if you want to reach the masses...Here's not the place. Just stop, pheonix.

you can stay out of it if you are not interested...

Back