300 ---can anyone guess what this movie will be about?

But the Athenian Navy was present and played a pretty big role in forcing the Persians to attack the Greek forces in such a well defended location.

The Persians had to go through Thermopylae or strike inland and go around the mountains where they would be cut off from their supply route from the sea. Athens used the time bought at Thermopylae to evacuate their city state and head to the island of Salamis. A combined fleet of Athenian/Spartan ships then lured the Persian navy into a trap near the island, destroying it and leaving the Persian troops without resupply, ultimately leading it to ruin.

fought in the nude?!

They competed in the nude-as decorated on urns, mosaics and various other pictorials of the ancients Hellenes-THERE'S IS NO WRITER OF PAGAN ANTIQUITY-NOT HERODOTUS, PLINY THE YOUNGER, OR ANY OTHER-that elaborate on this; Spartans, or any other-mainly pagan- never, ever-most certaintly not at the Battle of Thermopylae-defended their 'lands'(not as yet fully-materialized doctrines of Nationalism, Patriotism) with their genitalia in full & vulnerable (ouch!) reach.
Only the most homoerotically-charged 'military' kissasses would posit them fighting berbers(foreigners) in the nude to scare them off as its reason...turn off the UFC and turn on the historical facts in the form Primary Source Texts!

Doody, I'm not sure if I'm correct about the Spartans at Thermopylae. I thought they frought in nude for real at 480 BC. They only has red cape, corinthian helmet, sheild, sword, and spear. Correct me if I'm mistake.

They 'competed' in the nude-as decorated on urns, mosaics and various other pictorials of the ancients Hellenes-THERE'S IS NO WRITER OF PAGAN ANTIQUITY-NOT HERODOTUS, PLINY THE YOUNGER, OR ANY OTHER-that elaborate on this; Spartans, or any other-mainly pagan peoples-never, ever-most certaintly not at the Battle of Thermopylae-defended their 'lands'(not the yet unfully-materialized doctrines of Nationalism, Patriotism) with their genitalia in full & vulnerable (ouch!) reach.
Only the most homoerotically-charged 'military' kissasses would posit them fighting berbers(foreigners) in the nude to scare them off as its reason...turn off the UFC and turn on the historical facts in the form of Primary Source Texts! Not hearsay on those that know they know better!

Last edited:
misinformation-the ultimate sin?

Please note that 98% of what I say is my opinion and/or my "version" of the facts. Most of what I say is rumor with little to no evidence to back it up, just something I picked up somewhere.

At least this one is honest...ALL of what I've read on these and mostly by these so-called 'proud' military hangmen is all just a form of illiterary masturbation...I'm in awe of how impotent they are but how potency seems to be the rallying cry behind their parochial statements they seemingly, just ripped off and posted...wow!

Last edited:
Oh dont you love blatant copyright violations. God bless the chi-coms. Oh wait there commies they dont beleive in god.

Racial discrimination and Political bashing seems to be tradition around here.

Great movie, anyways.

Back