3 years to the 2nd lebanon war

EladBell

so it has been 3 years since the kidnaping of the 2 Israeli soldiers and to beginning of the fighting in Lebanon.

what do you think is changed in both sides?
can Israel now overcome Hezbollah overwhelming ?
can now Hezbollah claim a greater victory?
now when it has been 3 years,who do you think really won the war? why?
what is the next round going to be like?

so it has been 3 years since the kidnaping of the 2 Israeli soldiers and to beginning of the fighting in Lebanon.

what do you think is changed in both sides?
can Israel now overcome Hezbollah overwhelming ?
can now Hezbollah claim a greater victory?
now when it has been 3 years,who do you think really won the war? why?
what is the next round going to be like?
Hezbollah won because they survived to regroup & reequip. They have a "winning" tactic in using civilians as shields to turn the PR war against Israel. The Liberal Media seems to have the view that if Israel is an ally of the US, then the Palestinians must be the good guys.

The question of who won is a diffecult one.

In military terms Israel caused higher casualties, destroyed more hardware etc. The war was a clear proof that Hezballah cannot match the IDF in combat, even when the IDF fights in contradiction to its own doctrine. It is important to remember that Hezballah suffered 500-800 casualties from a fighting force of around 3000 regulars and 20000 "reservists". This is 2% KIA. If we assume that they had a common 1-2.5 ration they also had around 1500 injured. Though it seems like low figures its actually very high casualties, comparable to the IDF loosing around 8000 troops. If we assume, and it is reasoable to assume, that most Hezballah casualties were from its more capable standing forces, lets say, 200 or so, we have a 6% KIA rate.

The ammount of hezballah fortifications and hardware destoryed is also very significant, including virtually all of their bases in southern lebanon, dozens of long range rocket launchers, dozens of tons of ATGM launchers, explosives, light artillery, and light arms.

In addition Hezballah found itself, as a direct result of the war, having to stop its open activity in southern lebannon. The UN force deployed after the war is far better than the one deployed before, although it is still problematic.

There is no doubt that Hezballah was surprised by the power with which Israel reacted. As a result no major incidents took place in the last 3 years on that border. Another reason for htis is that Hezballas "brain", Imaad Mornye was killed in Damascus.

However, Hezballah did survive the war and is rebuilding. It could not win in the first place as it had no intention of fighting such a massive conflict. If we are to believe that Israel intended to destroy Hezballah(which i do not believe), than Hezballah won. If we believe Israel intended to change the reality in south lebanon than I believe Israel won.

If you have forgotten, I can remind you..

merkava.jpg

It makes me laugh that people see this image and think "That a destroyed tank...". It would take a good maintanance team less than 3 houres to repair all of the damage from this accident. Thinking that a missile did this is so absurd all i can do is snigger.

The question of who won is a diffecult one.

hizballah gain a strategic victory..NO one can deny that.. it is not just a war..it is politcal war which iran play a Key role in it..and who really cares about casualties in persons if they are fight in the name of god.. for me i dont mind at all to sell my soul to gain the paradise you must know How do the muslims think especially the religious muslims

so hard luck israel :angel:

LOL. You should seriously get better at this sort of thing. Is that meant to be an Israeli vessel?

well-

A) only one israeli vessel was hit in the war, the Sa'ar 5 class "Hanit". That picture is not a saar 5. This is:
http://www1.idf.il/SIP_STORAGE/NAVY/files/5/46125.jpg.

B) To be more exact, that picture dosent look like any of the Sa'ar types.

C) The IDF dose not have numbers on ships, as far as i know, though i might be wrong.

You are making your self look silly. If you want real pictures showing IDF hardware hit just ask for it, it would be easier for me to find:)

as for your claim of a "stratigic victory", explain what this means? what victory is this, in which you loose alot and gain nothing you can point at. What did hezballah gain?

Last edited:
How can I know? The source said, it is the ship Hanit... any way take a look at this
militias attacking the navy!! enjoy..

1192111721.jpg

3k.jpg

Last edited:
With C-802 missile against a ship that had its anti-missile systems off. more than hezballah being smart this shows how the IDF was being dumb.

lol this entire conversation between you guys show me who realy won the war,the Hezbollah sais he won but cant actually justify t,they show as T-tanks that they "captured" from Israeli soldeirs(as we all know Israel never used Ts)
they show us tranning accident,and if they do hit one tank or one soldier it a great victory.
but now when hezbollah is weaker on the Political scean in Lebanon and the south is still a mess did it really win? was it because it was to good? or was it because Israel was to bad?

Israel did use T tanks and infact we gave some to the South Lebanese Army during the 1980s and 1990s. We also gave them a few M-51 Super Shermans. I think we are talking no more than 30-50 tanks. These were captured by Hezballah after the Israeli withdrawl and collapse of the South Lebanese Army.

As a side note there were times when over 300 T-54, T-55 and T-62 served in the IDF.

do you mean the American T54?
you aslo mean the Captured tanks given the name Tiran right?
i thought you ment Israel actually bought these from USSR

Last edited:
T-54/55 that were captured were put to service in two versions:
Tiran 4- upgrade with american diesel engines.
Tiran 5- upgraded to use american diesel engines and L68 105mm guns.

T-62 captured in 1973 were put to service as Tiran-6, woth virtually no changes-mainly fire supression systems and communication.

Back