3 Brigades May Be Cut in Iraq Early in 2006

phoenix80

Banned
3 Brigades May Be Cut in Iraq Early in 2006

Some U.S. Troops Would Stay 'On Call' in Kuwait

By Bradley Graham and Robin Wright
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, November 23, 2005; Page A01

Barring any major surprises in Iraq, the Pentagon tentatively plans to reduce the number of U.S. forces there early next year by as many as three combat brigades, from 18 now, but to keep at least one brigade "on call" in Kuwait in case more troops are needed quickly, several senior military officers said.

Pentagon authorities also have set a series of "decision points" during 2006 to consider further force cuts that, under a "moderately optimistic" scenario, would drop the total number of troops from more than 150,000 now to fewer than 100,000, including 10 combat brigades, by the end of the year, the officers said.

read more at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/22/AR2005112202086.html

This is a bad idea. Reducing the # of troops in a hostile area puts the rest of the already too few American troops who will stay at even greater risk. Either you have to send more troops in or you have to pull them all out.

In my opinion, Bush saw the election forecasts for the '06 election and decided he'd try and save his GOP friends butt in Congress from the election thrashing that they so richly deserve.

When the President has all the screaming mimis, the Democrats, and now some in his own party deriding him constantly via the "news", he just has to bend somewhere. Everyone says"we support the troops but your war stinks." The way I see it, he's just about had all he can stand. Hello isolationism. Who could take the Presidential office knowing that nothing they decide will please anyone in the world, good or bad. This will be the worst downhill slide for the civilized world in 70 years and I, for one, will not blame him if he hands the problem to the smarmy little countries who have undermined him from the first shot fired. Thank God for the support of the allies who supported our effort.

Iraq is not another Vietnam as Liberals and Leftists claim and hasn't become one yet, but it will become another Vietnam if the US troops leave the place as these leftists want.

Don't they ever think about the consequences that the troops pull out may bring upon the people of Iraq?

May be they do know the possible consequences but they are doing this on purpose.

And one would wonder how they can claim that Liberals and Peace Protestors are for peace!?

It is just shockening and very sad!

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/2005/11/iraq-will-become-another-vietnam.html

that is what I wrote about the possible pull out!

I agree with missileer.
Lets pull all our guys and leave the mess to them to clean up. Isn't that what the world wants?
Right till we do it.
Then they realize they can't function without us.
And cry for our help.
Cry for the big bad USA invaders to come back and save their :cen: once more.
Hopeful

moaning

I think that the war in iraq is stupid Im a British Citizen and feel that the army should pull out of Irag and sort there own countries out before trying to sort out other Countries

for example there are over 11,000 deaths in the us by guns each year why doesn't the goverment put more resorces into preventing them that galavanting off sarting wars

and in the uk there are so many rapes, murders, abductions and others crimes (not as much as us but they are still hapening) why not try to solve these first the world would be a better place

I also beleive that the uk no longer runs as a Limited monarky with no democracy at all but its more like a Dictatorship this is because we are told how to live our lives yes we are aloud to vote but whats voting its just a peice of paper that decides which party is in power but why vote when they lie cheat and never keep to there word. If i was in power i would return the power to the people of the uk and let them decide on what should be done in the country let them decide whether or not we should go to war for no aparent reason. I would also supply more help to the homeless people in the uk i have been homeless for 2 years and im 17 all the goverment does is give me 44 a week which they expect me to live on (which is imposible) and then try and take me to court for not paying my council tax er hello im 17 not 18
yer sorry i like to moan

I think this is not good news.
I am not optimistic for Iraqi situation.
However, it is United States who moved the cogwheel.
Now,United States have obligation to make Iraq safe.(hope or not)
Can you imaginate when the United States withdraws from Iraq by Halfway?
Dividing into parts?Civil war?Amalgamation with Iran?
It is a thing that doctor throws out during operation.

sandy said:
Dividing into parts?Civil war?Amalgamation with Iran?

This scenario is a given. Just like a small snowball gets larger the longer it rolls downhill, the more united and numerous the Jihadists will become. Anyone who thinks that Iraq was a trigger is just not using any body part above their shoulders. Cheap, numerous, arms were all that were missing from the equation of Eastern world domination. Now, Russia, China, and many ex-Soviet bloc countries have provided that. In my opinion, world domination has been a goal of the Muslim Jihadists since the fifth century, it's just that now is a good time for the Mullahs to show their real control of the Middle East.

hopefulfuturemarine said:
I agree with missileer.
Lets pull all our guys and leave the mess to them to clean up. Isn't that what the world wants?
Right till we do it.
Then they realize they can't function without us.
And cry for our help.
Cry for the big bad USA invaders to come back and save their :cen: once more.
Hopeful
They will not do that. Iraqi people maintained themselves before and they can do now but the only problem is that some factions don't want US backed government to function there.

Back