2nd Battalion 320th Field Artillery Regiment

Duty Honor Country

I am not kidding in posting this motto for 2nd BN 320th FA

"Balls of the Eagle"

There is an interesting story that goes with the 2/320th FA back when I was at Ft. Campbell for my 1st tour there. At the 2nd BN Headquaters, there is a statue of an eagle clutching some old artilley ball rounds. Someone decided to paint the rounds blue. I am being respectful but you should find the humor ;)

Balls of the Eagle

Do you have any idea why 2-320th Fa has been nicknamed Balls of the Eagle. In Viet Nam, the 101st was called Eagle Soldiers by the NVA. 2-320th FA captured NAV officer after a battle. The NVA officer was quotes as saying "artillery rounds were comming down on us, it was like eagles were dropping them. Hence, (Cannon) Balls of the Eagle (Soldiers).

Honorary SGM Died

ALCON,

SFC Montoya has been the Honorary SGM of the 320th FA for my 15 years at Ft Campbell. SFC Montoya has the St. Barbara's award which is presented to worthy Field Artillerymen. He will be missed by all.

The following is from the Leaf Cronicle:

SFC (Ret.) Joseph L. Montoya1930 - 2009SFC (Ret.) Joseph L. Montoya, 79, Clarksville, died Friday, September 11, 2009, at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
Services are to be announced by Sykes Funeral Home & Crematory, Inc.

Back