Locke

ok i was watching 24 tonight, as you do!
(we are up to season 4, so please, no spoilers)

anyway, the President has just authorised the missile strike on the factory where terrorists are holding Heller and his daughter.
i was wondering a few things:
how would they do this? do USAF planes patrol the sky with missiles loaded at all times? or would they have had to prep a plane and launch it (which from what i hear takes a bit of time) and then get it to within missile range? or would they just launch a surface based missile? or would they simply get the military base that doesn't exist on the moon to fire a laser and take the compound out? :lol:
is that situation ever arose do you think they would even consider killing the VP and covering it up? i highly doubt it, as the truth has a way of wanting to be "out there" and i *think* the general public would realise that something was up when a factory suddenly explodes and there are reports that Heller died during a rescue attempt, i think it would be far easier to swallow that he was killed by terrorists than that he was killed by the president and the truth covered up.

who else is a fan of 24? its a good fun show in IMO, nothing to be taken too seriously, uts fun seeing Jack take on people with his trusty sidearm and kick :cen: :lol:
as you can see, not a very serious topic, but what other things are there abt 24 that are militarily not possible?

24 is the greatest TV series ever, hands down.

Obviously it requires a little suspension of disbelief like any TV/movies do, but it does a good job to remain as realistic as possible.

The biggest error is how Jack can get anywhere in LA in about 5 minutes, amazing how the famously bad Los Angeles traffic is never where Jack is. :p

Season 2 was the best but season 4 was also very good.

Whispering Death said:
The biggest error is how Jack can get anywhere in LA in about 5 minutes, amazing how the famously bad Los Angeles traffic is never where Jack is. :p
LMAO!
rofl.gif

Missileer said:
It's about like driving downtown NYC except everyone on the freeways have guns.

LMAO!!!

I love 24. I really got into it this past season. I really like how Jack is always alone and can survive a shootout against 5 terrorists like its nothing. so funny.

Eh, I've never seen "The Wire" but HBO series don't count when you're talking about TV programming. If that was the case then nothing could ever hope to top "Band of Brothers."

if you guys like 24 then go check out a UK series called "Spooks" its in the same vein as 24 but IMO its better!

Whispering Death said:
24 is the greatest TV series ever, hands down.

h
My Friend....never question tee Bauer.... That is how he can fake his death, and come back again next season as Senor Bauer :shock:

24052005205416_finalwalk2.gif

8)

It is the best show on television!! I wonder what will happen next season?
And when Jack starts a shootin` at least three people die.

Back