20 UN Staff Members killed in Afghanistan

It's nice. You remember the constitution when you want, and you forget it when you dont want... Nice.

You accuse these "muslims" of attacking innocent people who have nothing to do with the event. And at the same time, you put all the muslims in the same bag, and you joke about destroying the whole country...

There is a communication war out there.

The Afghans are very xenophobic people. And it's a VERY legitimate reaction as all the foreigner who came to their country did bring problems and destruction to their country. From Alexander the great, to the Brits to the soviet to the coalition... A wonderful collection of heavily armed people who dont care about the people living there.

The Coalition's presence in the area doesnt have a lot of legitimacy. In particular if you ask the locals. And now, these simple people look at an American priest, maybe a great spiritual leader of the foreign organisations present in their country burning the most holy thing they got... The strongest symbol they could think of...

And remember, they are light years far away from democracy, the bill of rights, human rights, freedom of speech... Etc...

How do you think they would react to such thing?

Well, to be simple. If you dont love their religion. Go away to your country. They dont want you there. And they will kick you out (with the little means they have) if they think you are an enemy of their religion.

From my point of view... It's retarded. But it's legimate. They have their culture, their way of life... If you dont respect it, they wont accept you.

So if you want to do something in Afghanistan, you need some good will from the population. And they wont understand that you have to respect the freedom to burn their holy book.

And I know that most people here will see it as a provocation... But once again, we are advanced technologically, but most of us behave like savages with no civilization...
They are right. A people who still think that the idiot burning books is news worthy... Well... I still remember the images of Nazis burning books.

Ok. Ya got me. Point made.

Question: who am I to contact to find out who the Muslims approve of me voting for in the next election? Which Imam should I beg for permission to vote? Not wanting to "offend" them, of course.

NOW it's freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Next is....? Because it "might" offend them?

Just drop the "they are evil." point of view. They are not evil, they are primitive.

They are at the same level as the Europeans burning witches through Europe...

And we were lucky in Europe back then, as it was somehow controled by a structure, the church... And the Muslims have no church. They are very very individualistic.

An imam isnt a "leader". He is maybe an influence on other Muslims, an opinion leader or a vector of ideas... But that's about it.

And the pro-Western imams lose credibility extremely quick... The anti-Western/anti-corruption clerics have a lot of credibility, but they are scary to the population even when they agree, as their are often followed by black ops kidnapping people, bombers throwing high explosives, Israeli helicopters shooting rockets and canon fire, dictators kidnapping people and torturing them and raping them with their whole families...

Oh sure, I might help you... Hmm, first, drop the imam, cleric, mollah and other pokemons... These guys are medieval versions of the Muslims "leaders". Take Muslim scholars and Western freethinkers...

People like Tariq Ramadan. Warning, he is victim of a huge propaganda war. It's the most well-known around. He might not give you an easy answer. But he will give you some insight about why some people are pissed off over there...

Last edited:
I have a very cynical view of anybody who says that "religion doesn't kill people, people kill people". I am sorry, but people who espouse radical religion as their belief system, are causing over 90% of the deaths in the countries that are experiencing unrest and violence. Without this religious bigotry, almost 100% of the violence would (for the most part .. with just a few exceptions), disappear. What little violence that would still exist, could very well be addressed by conventional policemen, using modern police and CSI techniques. Internal court systems could try those who break the law and prisons can house the criminals for their crimes.

Instead, religious bigotry holds a large portion of the world hostage to terrorism and insane violence.

To those who make light of the sway that religion has on individuals, groups, and entire countries ... I would suggest you REALLY study world history with an eye to just how much religion has impacted history.

History is littered with the fingerprints of religion ..........

In America, we owe our very existance to religious intolerance.

Without the intolerance, we would still be a country that was 'mostly' unexplored.

This thread has gone faaaar off-topic now!

Please stay on topic here from now on and start a new thread if you want to continue the discussion about the other stuff!

This is the first and only warning I'll post here!

thanks

Seriously people, this thread was about lives lost.. Could we please keep it to that.

Start the great bickering thread nextdoor.
This is exactly why I needed a break from this forums stupidity.
EVERY single thread LeMask gets involved in gets shot to ****.
Start your own topics..If we are interested in reading your POW,s and opinions we shall do so there.

Thank you.

KJ sends..

Last edited:
The first and final warning was given in my last post.
I would strongly suggest that the thread stays on topic from now on.

Thanks

The word is that a Swedish unit were tasked to secure the UNAMA offices and a german unit were tasked with removing the personel, both living and the dead.
The personel has been moved to Camp Marmal.
No word yet on who the killed Swede were.
PRT MeS are as I type this at a hightened state of alert even though the security situation is deemed unchanged..
27 people has been arrested for the riots and knives, weapons and explosive devices has been secured.
More to follow as I get more.

KJ sends..

A C-130 transporting LtCol Siri Skare passed over here with one engine off not long ago, and the the ceremony is taking place at Gardermoen Airport here in Norway right now..

Siri Skare was Norways first female military pilot and she is also the first Norwegian female officer killed in service abroad.

RIP! :salute2:

1302171643760_21.jpg

86-6da0b69c-f28104a2.jpeg

Rest in peace brothers and sisters. You will be remebered by your comrades and by us. Journey well, keep your head held high, for we will join you on the day of our own reckoning. On that day we will embrace as brothers and sisters, our heavily laden hearts will be lightened, and our hands will clasp together, holding each other up as soldiers, comrades, and most importantly...friends.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Laurence Binyon
(1869-1943)

Rest in peace

Last edited:
Back