2 years before i join.

FULLMETALJACKET

MilForum Bad Apple
I know that there are countless topics about joining certain services, but i want to get some advice from someone who has been in my shoes and knows how it feels, here's my dilemma.

im a sophomore, usually a 3.0 gpa, i want to go into the Marines, and fight for my country, be in infantry, and become a scout/sniper.

My parents arent exactly Gung ho about me joining, and everyone i talk to says that becoming a Sniper is a kid dream, Ive talked to Army and Marine recruiters and they have told me about all the hard work it takes.

Does anyone know what i need to do to be a success in the Marines, and how to accomplish my dream? Thank you.

My father, who is a marine, says that to be succsesful in the marines is your willingness to do what it takes.

and thats it.

Its not hard to join the marines, it hard to stay in. thats what i was told.The hole sniper idea of yours will always be just a dream. To become a sniper isprobably the hardest thing to do.

BS, if you want to become a sniper and put your mind to it, you will become a sniper. it takes a lot of work yes, but it is possible, if it was impossible there wouldnt be a school. the Marine corps gives you what you put in. give it your all you will be rewarded more than you can imagine. be a sand bagger and just try and get through, your not gonna get anything out of it. the usmc will not take you anywhere you dont want to go and are not willing to put the effort into.

MilidarUSMC said:
BS, if you want to become a sniper and put your mind to it, you will become a sniper. it takes a lot of work yes, but it is possible, if it was impossible there wouldnt be a school. the Marine corps gives you what you put in. give it your all you will be rewarded more than you can imagine. be a sand bagger and just try and get through, your not gonna get anything out of it. the usmc will not take you anywhere you dont want to go and are not willing to put the effort into.

Now THAT is very, very true. Good statement, Milidar.

Back