2 Questions

Pottsie

Hello everyone. I'm going to start off by saying that I used the search option and I didnt find anything in regards to this topic.

I also want to add that I'm enlisting in the USMC and still in the process of doing paperwork. I'm nervous about my collar bone. I had broken it a couple years ago while snowboarding. I had a surgery done, and they put a metal plate in there with 8 screws. I'm wondering if i should get more recent x-rays to send out instead of my old one where the surgery had just been done?

I know i'll need a waiver to get in. So this brings up my second question. Someone told me that if you have a waiver going in that you can not get stationed over seas. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this.

Thanks,
Pottsie

Wouldn't hurt to have a statement from your doctor that it did not and would not effect you from completing strenous excercise and lifting etc. But that being said its going to be up to the MEPS and NAVBUMED if your joining the Corps.

You won't even be allowed to enlist if your condition makes you undeployable from jump street.

Last edited:
Yeah you should have a doc clear you, but MEPS will still want a look at it and probably have you fill out unnecessary paperwork along with it, whether you're good or not. As far a deployment is concerned, if it doesn't affect you then it won't matter. I have a buddy who tore 3 crucial ligaments in his knee, took a year and a half to recover from, while he was in the Corps and he deployed shortly after his recovery and is currently in his 2nd enlistment. Good luck to you.

Thanks everyone. I went to my doctors and got an examination and a note saying that I have no physical limitations and basically her aproval for me to enlist. Then I went to my hospital where I had the surgery, and I got the pre-surgery, surgery, and post surgery medical docs. My recruiter was impressed when I showed up with that information haha. This is a perfect example at how helpfull this forum can be.

Right now im waiting to hear back form my recruiter saying that my colarbone passes. Then I go to meps and then I'll find out when I ship to PI.
Thanks again everyone. You were a big help.
Pottsie.

Always glad to throw some info to those who are interested, and glad to hear that it worked out for you. Good luck to you.

Back