2 more Italians killed in Afghanistan after the other 3 killed last week in Iraq.

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
Just heard of this. Will try to get a page in English. It has just happened.

Update:

Two Italian soldiers die in Kabul

_41641046_203troops-afp.jpg

Two Italian soldiers in the Nato peacekeeping mission in Afghanistan have been killed in the capital, Kabul, after their vehicle was hit by a bomb.
Four Italian soldiers were also hurt in the blast as they were travelling in the south of the city.
Earlier on Friday three Afghan police were injured in a similar incident in the same part of the city.
Police have blamed the "enemies of Afghanistan" for the attacks, a phrase used to refer to the Taleban.
On Thursday Italy handed over command of the International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) to the UK.
There has been an increase in violence blamed on the Taleban in recent months. Most of it has been in southern and eastern areas. Source.

This comes only one week after three other Italian Armymen were killed in southern Iraq:

Three Italian troops and a Romanian soldier have died after their vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb in southern Iraq, Italy's defence ministry says.

The Romanian, Bogdan Hancu, 28, is the first Romanian soldier to be killed in action in Iraq.
The attack happened in the city of Nasiriya where the Italian contingent of 2,500 troops is based.
In January, the Italian government announced it would pull its troops out of Iraq by the end of the year.
A fourth Italian travelling in the vehicle was seriously injured, officials said.
Newly elected Prime Minister Romano Prodi described the attack as a tragedy that "affects all of Italy".
He also said that Italy's planned withdrawal of Italian troops from Iraq would continue.
An Iraqi militant group claimed that it was responsible for the deaths of the four soldiers.
"The Islamic Army in Iraq was able to destroy a vehicle belonging to the coalition forces... killing three Italian soldiers and one Romanian," the group said in a statement posted on the internet.
Public opinion
_41606950_iraq_nasiriya_map203.gif

The Romanian foreign affairs ministry condemned "the terrorist attack in Nasiriya" and expressed its condolences to the family of the Romanian soldier.
It said that Romanian troops were in Iraq "to help provide security, which is needed to allow the development of Iraq's political process and the return of Iraq to normalcy," AP news agency reported.
The mother of Bogdan Hancu told the BBC that nothing was worth the life of her son, even if he became a national hero.
Maria Carmen Hancu said that Romania has no business being militarily involved in Iraq.
"Humanitarian missions, yes, we could build bridges, roads, schools. We should withdraw our troops and this isn't linked to my son's death. We have no business being there, our children are dying needlessly".
Italy, a staunch ally of the US administration under outgoing PM Silvio Berlusconi, sent about 3,000 soldiers to Iraq to help with the reconstruction in the south after the fall of Saddam Hussein in 2003.
But the involvement in the war has been deeply unpopular at home and was a key issue in the hotly contested Italian election earlier this month.
The force has suffered several attacks, the worst being in November 2003 when 19 Italians, mostly police officers, were killed in a suicide attack in Nasiriya.
Italy currently has some 2,600 troops in Iraq and Romania has 860 soldiers there. Source.

Now it will be much easier for the left (whose important figures have laughed and played at last funerals) to withdraw the troops from foreign theaters.
May these brave young men all Rest In Peace.

:salute2:

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]ITALIAN COMMUNIST GROUPS HELPED KILL ITALIAN SOLDIERS (Treason in Iraq)[/SIZE]

L’Opinione (via Publius Pundit) ^| 5/1/2006 | Stefania Lapenna

http://www.publiuspundit.com/?p=2531

Italian communist groups helped kill 3 Italian soldiers in Nassirya I reported about here. An article on L’Opinione reports (in Italian) that anti-globalization and communist groups based in Italy, among which is the infamous “anti-imperialist camp” (that collecting “Euros for the Iraqi resistance”) coordinated with Islamic terrorists in Iraq to attack our troops in Nassiryiah. The Italian intelligence heard phone conversations in which the red fundamentalists instructed the Islamists about how and when to kill our soldiers. It seems that the attack was organized in order to pressure Mr. Prodi to speed the pullout from Iraq.

And of course all was coordinated by the Islamic Republic of Iran.

I am sorry that I can’t find the English translation of some must-read news and reports, but if you can manage to translate them by yourself, please read this news about the anger of many Carabinieri at the new-born Prodi government. When the coffins with the bodies of the three fallen heroes were staying in a governmental palace in Rome, some of the dead’s colleagues (Carabinieri) expressed their unwillingness to accept the ‘condolances’ of Prodi and company. One of the Carabinieri said that the troops in Iraq strongly disagree with Prodi’s choice to pullout them.

The relatives of the three killed soldiers have expressed their pride in their sons’ mission. “He deeply believed that his mission in Iraq was for a just cause. I am sad but at the same time very proud of my son. I hope that his sacrifice won’t be forgotten and won’t be in vain” said the mother of one of those heroes.

Today, some exalted communists wasted no time to shout once again that infamous and terrorist phrase “10,100,1000 Nassiryiahs” echoing Che Guevara’s “10,100,1000 Vietnams”.

If this isn’t incitement to hatred and terrorism, then I don’t know what it is.

--------------
Italian Guy, how is this true?

One of the sources you brought is a blog by a friend of mine who writes for some important international politics magazine (the other sources are major Italian papers).
All that you wrote here is true: Basically a group of top-officers (Carabinieri, our paramilitary police) refused to accept the condolences of the leaders of a coaliton that includes people like those who laughed at their colleagues' funerals. The left has repeatedly called the Italian mission " a waste of time".
About the links between our communist groups and the attacks in Iraq and Nassyriah, it's not big news overhere. But our country is like that: Last year one of our judge (our judges are extremely leftist and 90% of them were/are members of the former communist party) absolved an Iraqi insurgents who had actively worked towards attacks on our troops because "he was only defending his country and resisting a military foreign occupation". Go figure.
Thank God this government is going to fall within maximum one year.

Italian Guy said:
One of the sources you brought is a blog by a friend of mine who writes for some important international politics magazine (the other sources are major Italian papers).
All that you wrote here is true: Basically a group of top-officers (Carabinieri, our paramilitary police) refused to accept the condolences of the leaders of a coaliton that includes people like those who laughed at their colleagues' funerals. The left has repeatedly called the Italian mission " a waste of time".
About the links between our communist groups and the attacks in Iraq and Nassyriah, it's not big news overhere. But our country is like that: Last year one of our judge (our judges are extremely leftist and 90% of them were/are members of the former communist party) absolved an Iraqi insurgents who had actively worked towards attacks on our troops because "he was only defending his country and resisting a military foreign occupation". Go figure.
Thank God this government is going to fall within maximum one year.

wow

with all due respect, I should say that Italian politics is as crazy as one can imagine.

You need to replace your judges then.

Italian Guy said:
That's one of the things Berlusconi was trying to do.
Anyways I found a link in English on the judge story (though there are lot more). Update: Here and here.

But I also hear that PM Perodi wants to withdraw from Iraq

It cant be worse than this. escaping in the face of enemy

It is very commen that they were killed. Many soliders from other countries died too ,such as soliders from USA and UK.To be honest, more than 15 Chinese wokers died there too.
They were killed,lost their lives.No reason!No explanation!Because they live in Afgan.
This is the commen things there. .

yingying said:
It is very commen that they were killed. Many soliders from other countries died too ,such as soliders from USA and UK.To be honest, more than 15 Chinese wokers died there too.
They were killed,lost their lives.No reason!No explanation!Because they live in Afgan.
This is the commen things there. .

I'm not really sure I get the point of this post other than to detract from the death of two soldiers. Just because something is common, doesn't mean it is acceptable.

RIP soldiers, thank you for your service.

PJ24 said:
I'm not really sure I get the point of this post other than to detract from the death of two soldiers. Just because something is common, doesn't mean it is acceptable.

RIP soldiers, thank you for your service.

the point: exercising English, may be.

Fox said:
Can we show some respect for those 2 dead italian soldiers?
Are you talking to me?I do show my respect to them.AS a solider, they should do their duty, work as the order.
I mean that as a solider they should know that death can come at any time.
We thank them.But we know that we will lost something while we want to success.
investment=cost<profit

we had never been a great nation before,and we do not have our ambition to be the great nation in the future days ,too. We just want to live happily now.

Last edited:
Unfortunatelly, all my words are not convictive.I can say anything if I want to say. The history and the truth can give the exact answer for our argument.

phoenix80 said:
[SIZE=+1]ITALIAN COMMUNIST GROUPS HELPED KILL ITALIAN SOLDIERS (Treason in Iraq)[/SIZE]

L’Opinione (via Publius Pundit) ^| 5/1/2006 | Stefania Lapenna

http://www.publiuspundit.com/?p=2531

Italian communist groups helped kill 3 Italian soldiers in Nassirya I reported about here. An article on L’Opinione reports (in Italian) that anti-globalization and communist groups based in Italy, among which is the infamous “anti-imperialist camp” (that collecting “Euros for the Iraqi resistance”) coordinated with Islamic terrorists in Iraq to attack our troops in Nassiryiah. The Italian intelligence heard phone conversations in which the red fundamentalists instructed the Islamists about how and when to kill our soldiers. It seems that the attack was organized in order to pressure Mr. Prodi to speed the pullout from Iraq.

And of course all was coordinated by the Islamic Republic of Iran.

I am sorry that I can’t find the English translation of some must-read news and reports, but if you can manage to translate them by yourself, please read this news about the anger of many Carabinieri at the new-born Prodi government. When the coffins with the bodies of the three fallen heroes were staying in a governmental palace in Rome, some of the dead’s colleagues (Carabinieri) expressed their unwillingness to accept the ‘condolances’ of Prodi and company. One of the Carabinieri said that the troops in Iraq strongly disagree with Prodi’s choice to pullout them.

The relatives of the three killed soldiers have expressed their pride in their sons’ mission. “He deeply believed that his mission in Iraq was for a just cause. I am sad but at the same time very proud of my son. I hope that his sacrifice won’t be forgotten and won’t be in vain” said the mother of one of those heroes.

Today, some exalted communists wasted no time to shout once again that infamous and terrorist phrase “10,100,1000 Nassiryiahs” echoing Che Guevara’s “10,100,1000 Vietnams”.

If this isn’t incitement to hatred and terrorism, then I don’t know what it is.

--------------
Italian Guy, how is this true?

Okay and these Italian communitsts had obtained information on Italian troop movement in Iraq..how?

Sounds like bogus propaganda BS to me.

BTW, I am a foreign Italian resident and thus was among those who tipped the elections in Prodi's favor :p

Back