2 Marines killed in attack in southern Afghanistan

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
Heavily-armed insurgents attacked a British air base in southern Afghanistan Friday, killing two U.S. Marines and wounding several other troops, U.S. officials said.

Read more...

In my opinion the British government should bring back Prince Harry from Afghanistan. He has nothing to prove, because he is a brave man and the people of Great Britain acknowledge this. The main concern I have, is for his fellow members of the forces who are also serving in Afghanistan. While Prince Harry is in Afghanistan many lives will be lost in protecting him and this is not on, one life lost is one life too many. Today sadly two Americans lost their lives in an attack on the normally relatively safe Camp Bastion. These attacks will happen time and time again until Prince Harry leaves Afghanistan. Surely he must know this himself and he should not put his fellow comrades at risk. It is bad enough already out there without making it worse.

In my opinion the British government should bring back Prince Harry from Afghanistan. He has nothing to prove, because he is a brave man and the people of Great Britain acknowledge this. The main concern I have, is for his fellow members of the forces who are also serving in Afghanistan. While Prince Harry is in Afghanistan many lives will be lost in protecting him and this is not on, one life lost is one life too many. Today sadly two Americans lost their lives in an attack on the normally relatively safe Camp Bastion. These attacks will happen time and time again until Prince Harry leaves Afghanistan. Surely he must know this himself and he should not put his fellow comrades at risk. It is bad enough already out there without making it worse.

Why put Prince Harry through Apache training (which costs over £1million), if he was never going to serve?

I would have preferred it if his deployment had been kept secret.

I am worried for all of the men and women abroad right now, especially the US. I hope Harry stays safe. It is even more dangerous for him because the Taliban basically have put a target on him, they want him as a hostage.

Things weren't too bad until last weeks "incident"...

They were not too bad?

I don't think the 3,000 people from 9/11 would agree,

I don't think the 280 pllus people who were in the Lybia flight from Scotland would agree.

I don't think the countless victims of Saddam Hussian and his evil sons would agree.

I don't think the numerous woman who are stoned by the Taliban would agree.

I don't think the 51 military people mostly US who have just been killed by Afganistan people who were suppose to be an ally would agree.

I don't think the guy in Amsterdam who was murdered for drawing a cartoon would agree.

I don't think the men beheaded like Dan Perlman would agree.

I don't think the female reporter from CBS that was attacked and raped in the streets while reporting would agree.

I don't think that female officer who was taken hostage, beaten, raped etc etc would agree.

I don't think the officers who just lost their life at the American camp from sleeper cell posing as a US military officer would agree.

It goes on and on Capt

I doubt if that will happen.
To bring him back early, would admit defeat.
These recent activities,are all to do with some video, that has upset many Muslims.
He will always be a high level target.
He is in The Blues and Royals, and as such, will just have to live with it.
Like me ;)

Things weren't too bad until last weeks "incident"...

Yes. That's all that was needed a crappy 13 minute video made by a Coptic. It's the very root of the entire situation in the Muslim World.

Appeasement and Apologize mode in

Move!

Personally, I feel that all troops from all nations should be withdrawn. We've needlessly buried more of our people both civilian and military because of terrorists. Meanwhile, our generals and politicians go home to their loved ones. Our loved ones are continually coming home in body bags from fighting a war that's not ours and unable to be won. :(

They were not too bad?

I don't think the 3,000 people from 9/11 would agree,

I don't think the 280 pllus people who were in the Lybia flight from Scotland would agree.

I don't think the countless victims of Saddam Hussian and his evil sons would agree.

I don't think the numerous woman who are stoned by the Taliban would agree.

I don't think the 51 military people mostly US who have just been killed by Afganistan people who were suppose to be an ally would agree.

I don't think the guy in Amsterdam who was murdered for drawing a cartoon would agree.

I don't think the men beheaded like Dan Perlman would agree.

I don't think the female reporter from CBS that was attacked and raped in the streets while reporting would agree.

I don't think that female officer who was taken hostage, beaten, raped etc etc would agree.

I don't think the officers who just lost their life at the American camp from sleeper cell posing as a US military officer would agree.

It goes on and on Capt

You've taken examples that are out of context.

Up until last week, we did not have US and UK embassies being attacked in multiple countries, did we?

That is my point. Of late, things had been relatively "quiet".

Yes. That's all that was needed a crappy 13 minute video made by a Coptic. It's the very root of the entire situation in the Muslim World.

Well it was all that was needed to kick off multiple attacks on US and UK embassies....

Or are the embassy attacks just a coincidence?

No it's not a coincidence unless RPG's and mortars coincidently showed up at an unplanned protest in Benghazi, on Sept 11th. The video is the Muslim Rage flavor of the month, if not this something else.

What was the last one? US Troops burning korans that had been desecrated by Muslim prisoners and after clearing it with the Imams who said the "Holy Books" should be burned. But yeah they all went high and to the right over westerners carrying out the instructions of their clerics.

Next month it'll be a new flavor.

Back