2 great quotes

soldierzhonor

There are 2 quotes I have liked for some time now. The first was used in the initial "Army of One ad campaign and I think I'd have preffered it over "Army of One":

"Im a soldier...count on me"

The second is part of Gen Shinseki's Army Vision speech:

"Soldiers on point for the nation. Persuasive in peace...invincible in war, thats the Army Vision"

Edit: I cant believe I forgot Richard Marcinko's 7 P's to any op
Proper Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Both are very good quotes. I really didn't care for the new Army slogan when it came out "Army of one" I guess it's cuz I'm from the OLD school of "Be All You Can Be". Thats what it was when I went in.

Im also from the "Be All You Can Be" generation but Army of One actually stands for more than meets the eye. Officer NCO and Enlisted = One Army. I remember the ol commercial where the guys jump outta the airplanes and get setup then "we do more before 9 a.m. than most people do all day" for the old commercials but nowadays ya gotta use more to lure young people in to serve than things that have been around so long.

The Rule of 7Ps to a British squaddie reads "Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance". Similar, but with the exact same meaning :)

Yeah when I saw the "Army of One" message on TV I really didn't feel anything.

Just reading, "I am a solider, count on me," makes me feel.

Remember the first Army of One adverts? Those people did not convince me they were soldiers. They used short video clips of laughing cooks, etc.
The British Royal Marines Commandos advert in magazines is a blurry picture of a guy in training throwing up. And it says, "99.99% need not apply." That's how it should be.
I liked "Be all you can be."

Adverts have to reflect a sense of tougness and importance. And a good quote really helps it.
Why don't you submit the "I'm a soldier, count on me," to the guys in charge?

the_13th_redneck said:
The British Royal Marines Commandos advert in magazines is a blurry picture of a guy in training throwing up. And it says, "99.99% need not apply." That's how it should be.

Had a run these, and similar on TV too - in the UK of course

am reading a great book "operation certain death" and it uses a couple of good quotes:

"i am afraid the war will end very soon now, but i support all good things come to an end sooner or later, so we mustn't grumble"
- Captain (later Field Marshal) Earl Alexander

"Far better it is to dare mighy things, to win glorious triumphs, even though chequered by failure, thank to rank with those poor spirits who niether enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows no victory of defeat"
-Theodore Roosevelt

"be strong, a people that is not ready to die for its liberties loses them...believe passionately in the ideas and in the way of life for which one is fighting. liberty deserves to be served with more passion than tyranny"
-Andre Maurois

Back