The 1977 Somali-Ethiopian war

Status
Not open for further replies.
icon4.gif

Isn't there enough bickering.Guys! Guys! first check your facts.
Their used to be the whole Of the Indian Nation adminstered by the British Raj which included Sri Lanka Or Ceylon as it was called.Ceylon was made a separate entity even before Independence for adminstrative reasons.Mainland India comprised of what is India and Pakistan today.Their were 700 Independent Princely States who were given an option to join either of the nations and the Hindu Ruler of Kashmir abstained ,refusing to recognize and face realities.Kashmir is a land locked country bound by The Great Himalayan Ranges in the north and with a contiguouus border with Pak and India.It has a poor economy with no industries , agriculture and tourism is their mainstay.With no access to a free market and limited resources it as a nation cannot survive and is bound to be gobbled by the regional powers.When Pak backed marauders started filtering through ,backed by the Pak Reg Army Units, the locals despite their religious affinity(maximum--muslims),were not spared.The womenfolk were raped and villages and farms pillaged.In desperation the King who all said and done was a benevolent despot agreed to accede to The Indian Union ,as he was aware of what awaited his loyal subjects.Since 1947 India has accorded a special status to Kashmir and they receive central monetary assistance and no outsiders can settle in Kashmir.The same is not true for Pok(Pak Occupied Kashmir),Punjabis And Sindhis have gradually moved in and the demographic pattern is changing.

Its true that religious affinity as the parameter for dividing the Sub-Continent was the yard stick for partition as insisted by The Muslim League as led by Mr. Md Ali Jinnah.What however is more true is that India has the 2nd largest Muslim population after Indonesia in the world and definitely more Muslim population than Pakistan.Our President Shri APJ Abdul Kalam is a Muslim by the way.

Where greed and avarice and personal ambitions of a community are concerned even religious affinities take second place.Bangladesh prior to 1971 was called East Pakistan and although there reps won an overall margin in the National elections of Pakistan they were not allowed to form a Govt.When they protested the West Pakis dominated by the Punjabi-Sindhi cliche let loose a reign of terror and genocide in East Pakistan.The banner of revolt was raised and India which stood all alone in the International forum and whose borders were bursting at the seams with the fleeing refugees from the estwhile East Pakistan ;aided the freedom fighters or the MuktiBahini liberated and formed Bangladesh.Ever since Pakistan which sees it as a humilation is on the lookout to foment trouble in Kashmir in an aggressive manner while maintaining a cloak of Military Junta which has held sway for the maximum period in its history and the feudalistic and outdated policies ,the countriys' economy has nothing to boast about and as such they have to depend on the USA for aid and have to put up an anti-terrorrist facade.
Kahmir going independent would open up a can of worms similar to the Balkan crisis after the fall of the Iron Curtain cohesion ,with every miority claiming independence and pre-ponderance.Are you guys aware that Kashmir still has pockets of Hindus and Sikhs? And what about Ladhakhis who are mostly Buddhists and have more in common wuth Tibetans, Ladhakhis also have a Shia-Muslim population who are not overtly fond of the Sunni Muslim dominated Pakistan.With the so called independence these minorities would be wiped out.Well friends the solution is not so easy.Maybe what Lee Enfield has to say makes some sense yet!

CHEERIO!:brave:

Hi KJ have a look see on what I had to say about the Kashmir issue in the ' MILITARY RELATED DISCUSSION' forum some time back. I suggest that you have a look see on this forum as the topic generated a lot of heat. As far as Africa is concerned I admit I am no expert and I am sure you would be knowing better about the clashes there. By the way a few years back there was a joint exercise/ competition of all the special forces of the world and the Indian Contingent was adjudged the overall second this took place in S. Africa if my memory serves me well.

Last edited:
POSER ALERT

BY THE WAY I AM NOT AN AD LT COL. I AM AN INFANTARIAN.

OF MY 18 YRS IN SERVICE I HAVE SPENT A GOOD 14 TO 15 YRS FIGHTING THE LOW INTENSITY PROXYWAR THAT PAKISTAN HAS BEEN WAGING AGAINST MY COUNTRY.

Count one, correct your profile then to represent what you really are.

Count two, I call bull:cen:. I checked with a few of our forum members who are from India and served, have family who served in the Indian Army and no one in the Indian Army is stationed in Kashmir for more than four years. In fact no duty station lasts more than four years. If you have served in the Indian Army for 18 years the most time you could have possibly spent in Kashmir is 10 and that's if you first duty station was Kashmir and you are there now having also done one more four year stint in between.

One member, who is friends with a bonafide real life Indian Army General, is checking with him to make doubly sure... he'll be getting back to me shortly.

We don't take kindly to posers or bs artists.

Last edited:
Hi Bulldog,
What would you be knowing you armed chair soldier who has the privilege of calling himself a veteran at the age of 28 by virtue of have done a short stint in the uniform and possibly a tour of duty. Your replies in this present thread reflect your level of education, culture, a warped mind and a superciliousness bred out of insecurity having its root in inferiority complex. My friend you are truly beneath contempt.Go ahead with your research and do arrive at any conclusion that satisfies you. I owe you know explanations.

Is that a twit for your twat? Do ponder over that.

Last edited:
Hi Bulldog,
What would you be knowing you armed chair soldier who has the privilege of calling himself a veteran at the age of 28 by virtue of have done a short stint in the uniform and possibly a tour of duty. Your replies in this present thread reflect your level of education, culture, a warped mind and a superciliousness bred out of insecurity having its root in inferiority complex. My friend you are truly beneath contempt.Go ahead with your research and do arrive at any conclusion that satisfies you. I owe you know explanations.

Is that a twit for your twat? Do ponder over that.
Ad hominem attacks... nice. Your profile is still lying and so is your claim of 14 years in Kashmir.

Are your bags packed?

EDITTED TO ADD...

This just in from our friends in India... Indian Army policy regarding tours in Kashmir.
An army unit is sent to Kashmir on a three-year tour of duty; a two-year break is given before the next tour.
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1061424

The conflict itself is only 16 years old, correcting for the one year differential between today and the date of the source.
The intense pressure of counter-insurgency operations in Kashmir, now in the 15th year, is beginning to erode army morale and discipline.
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1061424

So even if your were the most unlucky SOB in the Indian Army your claim of 14 years is complete and utter bollocks. Shall we do the math, I do so love word problems. 18 years in service puts you joining in 1989. The Kashmir CI operations began in 1991. Lets say you were first out of the blocks and sent in.

1991 Kashmir
1992 Kashmir
1993 Kashmir
1994 Anywhere but K
1995 Anywhere but K
1996 Kashmir
1997 Kashmir
1998 Kashmir
1999 Anywhere but K
2000 Anywhere but K
2001 Kashmir
2002 Kashmir
2003 Kashmir
2004 Anywhere but K
2005 Anywhere but K
2006 Kashmir
2007 Kashmir

Now count with me... one, two, three... eleven. 11 years max and that's if you are the most hated man by whoever assigns rotations to your unit/units you have been in. Now we feed that information into the Armed Forces Cow Manure Detection Device (AFCMDD)... DING! We have a loser.

Happy trails poser.

Attachments

• Shit-Meter.gif
    Shit-Meter.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi,

I want to be in the military :biggun::9mm: .. I want to pose as a Ninja :hide: I want to pose as a Pirate :pirate::m1:

So many things so little time

**SIGH**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back