Political Correctness. In Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn there's a black guy called ****** Jim in the original writings, now he's Big Jim. Where he's fictional I don't see a problem with the change. On the other hand for decades "Chink" Gordon has been changed to "Chinese" and he was never called Chinese, he's a historical person and it shouldn't have been changed.

Political correctness is driving me bonkers, as I said previously, ""You cannot change history."" Leave history alone.

Political correctness is driving me bonkers, as I said previously, ""You cannot change history."" Leave history alone.

I constantly argue against the dilution of history, we are currently having a national discussion about the teaching of New Zealand history in schools, I am all for it but I fear that it will be the current PC version of history that is taught which will essentially be "Maori good, European Bad", if we are to teach it then it must be taught impartially and I just don't believe we are capable of doing this.

I constantly argue against the dilution of history, we are currently having a national discussion about the teaching of New Zealand history in schools, I am all for it but I fear that it will be the current PC version of history that is taught which will essentially be "Maori good, European Bad", if we are to teach it then it must be taught impartially and I just don't believe we are capable of doing this.

Something very similar in South Africa. The ANC are claiming land that is historically theirs in the Western Cape, when in fact there were no black tribes in the Western Cape whatsoever. If I remember correctly there were no black tribe further south then the Blood River in KwaZulu Natal.

The ANC like to write history so it suits their agenda.

We had a discussion to remove a lot of history in our schools. I said, go a head and delete it all, you (Swedes) never learn anything from the past anyway, so why wasting time on things you never learn. They basically don't learn from what happened two weeks ago....

We had a discussion to remove a lot of history in our schools. I said, go a head and delete it all, you (Swedes) never learn anything from the past anyway, so why wasting time on things you never learn. They basically don't learn from what happened two weeks ago....

There is an old saying ""If you want to know the future, look to the past.""

It's easier to feed B.S. to people who don't know the past.

Unfortunately the advent of social media also seems to have also lead to a loss of the ability for critical thinking which means a sizable percentage of the population believe the first thing they see or read and explore no further which means all these crap movies get people thinking "based on true events" actually means it really happened.

Clearly he did if he could find anything useful in idiots.

Stalin couldnt spell nice, let alone know what it means.

I watched a segment on TV regarding the Korean War, while the US and North Korea was seeking a peace deal, Stalin deliberately kept the war going. Murderous bastard.

Last edited:
Back