19 D questions

sjacquemotte

I am leaving this month for basic. I have a few questions about my MOS, 19D- Calvary Scout.
1. I heard it is hard to get out of infantry, and I have also heard that 19 D is considered infantry. Not that I want to, but later on in life would it be difficult for me to change my MOS?
2. When Calvary Scouts are not involved in recon, what is there routine in the war.

Thank you for any advice in advance.

sjacquemotte said:
I am leaving this month for basic. I have a few questions about my MOS, 19D- Calvary Scout.
1. I heard it is hard to get out of infantry, and I have also heard that 19 D is considered infantry. Not that I want to, but later on in life would it be difficult for me to change my MOS?
2. Is there a hgh death rate for Calvary Scouts in Iraq?
3. When Calvary Scouts are not involved in recon, what is there routine in the war.
I am very excited in the MOS i have chosen and would like all information I can get a hold of.

Also, when I get to train on shooting my weapon, i hope they have pictures of Sean Penn and Susan Surandan. Help me aim a little better!

When you get your duty station, remember that it's Cavalry. I used to make that mistake all the time and got the spelling and pronunciation straightened out for me. :)

Back