17% Turnout AGAIN ... - Page 2

--
Boots

November 5th, 2004  
gladius

I'm glad they didn't vote.

If they did MTV would have basicly told most of them who to vote for. They probably wouldn't do any thinking on their own, just ape MTV. They're better off finding some direction in life then they would be better off voting for something that counts to them, rather than doing it because some rapper or rock star says so.

Viva La Bam!
November 5th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherNeckRVA
I think the candidate complaint is legitimate, to some extent. If you don't like any of the candidates because you are un-educated ont heir stances then it's a problem. But if you don't ike the candidates because your opinions aren't covered in our very limited two-party system then I can see where you are coming from.
Yes but as said "America is a two party dictatorship" and "Kerry is the lesser of the two evils"
November 5th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

so are you telling us you believe in that statement?
--
Boots
November 5th, 2004  
egoz

I voted and I'm in that age group, and I'd like to think I was well informed. But, as my brother put it, by them not voting, it makes your vote count that much more (btw, he just recently became of voting age so wasn't able to vote in this election). He has a point to some extent. I don't believe MTV presented the facts of the election very well. They tried to use the Draft as a reason to get kids aware of the election. But I don't think that was very intelligent because both candidates opposed it. Then we had Green Day and Eminem making songs about the election. Even with Eminem's anti-Bush song, Mosh, it still didn't seem to make much of a difference. I wouldn't listen to a bunch of entertainers to make my decision to vote, but I'm sure some people think otherwise.