17 and need to leave now... - Page 2

--

May 18th, 2004  
Redneck

We understand that, but you got some pretty unrealistic expectations about the service, you need to get your poop straight before you make any decisions.
May 18th, 2004  
Snauhi

the best thing is not to dream about some elite groups because its almost impossible to get in esspisaly in USA.When i was like 12 i wanted to be a elite soldier but not anymore.
May 24th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Dude as a 16 year old kid with a rough family life I understand what you are going through... when I was 12 I wanted to go into the USNA but my grades arent good enough and thus unrealistic, youshould get your education and plan ahead maybe join the Navy DEP or Air Force.
--
June 19th, 2004  
Qwertyuiop

All I can say is good luck. If Special Forces is what you really want for the right reasons then it will show when you go through training. and just the same if you want Special Forces for the wrong reasons it will also show during training It has been said before that the people who try for special forces for the kicks of saying they are SF are soon weeded out.

If Special Forces is what you want then going through basic and the advanced schools your determination to be special forces will really help you. Make sure you are physically ready to take on the challenges of Special Forces as well though.

Good Luck!
June 20th, 2004  
I Love Guns

Topic: Join dude

Look. Join up. If there's no pussy on the home front, military is the place for you 100 percent.
June 25th, 2004  
Silent_Grunt_jb

hey man I say look at your differant options and whichever gives you what you want take it. there is nothing wrong with wanting to go SF or delta but I hope you realize how much work its going to be. ranger and airbourne schools are not hard to get but any higher ones you better have yourself squared away. oh yeah the AF doesnt have MOS's they have AFSC's
June 28th, 2004  

Keep in mind:
Quote:
Even a good decision if made for the wrong reasons can be a wrong decision
October 24th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

its all in your hand my friend
October 25th, 2004  
coldzero

you have to know in your hart that SF is what you want to do. you cant just say well i want to get out of here because life sucks right now, your thinking the military is the only obvious option, and while your at it you think you want to be one of the best trained fighters in the world, find whats in your hart before you even take your first step. there are allot of other options out there other than the military.
October 25th, 2004  
implicature

my reason are not the typical reasons either. one of the things that helped me is http://www.military.com/Recruiting/H...13387,,00.html

do all of the steps read everyone and consider each branch. after i did all this i rethought the branch i wanted to enlist in. i realized that my wants and desires did not match up with my needs.

if you don't have enough maturity and self discipline to fully take in each decision possibility then you need another career. the ONLY reason i can say this is that i learned it for myself the hard way.