17 an looking for a job in PMC

Skyler McCabe

I'm 17 an I'm going no where in high school I'm about to be 18 and was wanting to know if there's anyone In the PMC who would hire me Because I don't have any training but I'm willing to learn and as for the pay Ill take whatever I can get...

Last edited:
Get a couple of rotations through places like Iraq and Afghanistan years under your belt in the Army or Marines etc., and you might have some chance.

I'm 17 an I'm going no where in high school I'm about to be 18 and was wanting to know if there's anyone In the PMC who would hire me Because I don't have any training but I'm willing to learn and as for the pay Ill take whatever I can get...

Reality check: PMCs don't just hire guys and train them. PMCs/PSCs want experienced guys that are bringing their knowledge and experiences with them. You have to be able to sell yourself to them and offer a service they need. The jobs I'm sure you're thinking about require 15+ years in Special Operations, Intel and various other specialized careers.

Frankly, working for a PMC/PSC shouldn't be a personal goal. It's not like the movies and the jobs aren't as sexy as you might think. Babysitting state department guys and gals ain't that glamorous. Neither is spending 16 hours a day working a security shift while living in crappy quarters.

Look at going to college and if you can't go to college, think about joining the military. Do some research on the various services and the jobs they offer, find jobs that interest you and that can work for you in the future. Remember that the decisions you make now affect you down the road so try to stay grounded.

Couldn't help not to add in ..

I completely agree with the guyz above ..

1) Please do not see it as a career because it is not.

2) To get a chance as they told you you need to have the skills and experience. Most of those who actually served do not get a job within the industry.

3) If you can not go to collage. Enlist and you'll get a glimpse of the industry. true: crapy food and quarters .. heat .. and it is not as you see in movies. if you liked it in the military then extend your service and pack it up with several tours in areas like Afghanistan ... and when you get off you go and get the training courses and get certified .. then you may have a better chance.

4) Don't be another BlackWater **** ... Don't live an illusion ... Find something better to do with your life ... after all you wouldn't even hear the blast sound of the bullet that kills you ...

Back