16 Accidentally Wounded by French Military in Shooting Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
:sorry:

PARIS — A military shooting demonstration in southeast France on Sunday left 16 people wounded, including children, when real bullets were used instead of blank ones, officials said.
Four of the wounded were in serious condition, including a 3-year-old child, Bernard Lemaire, chief of the regional administration in Aude, said on France-3 television. Fifteen of the injured were civilians.
A Defense Ministry official said the incident occurred during a demonstration of hostage-freeing techniques at the Laperrine military barracks. The official said investigators will look into why real bullets were used.
No information was immediately available about what kind of weapon was used.
The soldier who fired the shots has been detained, Lemaire said. He said the injuries were likely an accident but that it could have been a "criminal act."
In a statement, President Nicolas Sarkozy expressed his "horror" at Sunday's incident at the base, which houses the 3rd marine infantry parachute regiment.
The injured were taken to nearby hospitals, with the most seriously wounded taken to Toulouse.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373502,00.html

Very unfortunate. France finally has a Pro-American President and than bozo incidents like this occur to make him look bad. At least he seems to be handling it professionally or as professionally as he can anyway. Yes, I know it's not his fault, but folks will try to make him responsible for it anyway since he's the boss. It doesn't seem accidental. One or two, I can see maybe one but than when the person goes down and their is blood, it should be a pretty good indicator that it's time stop with the demo that was suppose to have blanks instead of live ammo.

I recall Brandon Lee getting killed like this in Wilmington, N.C. when I was stationed at Camp LeJeune, on a movie set where the shooting action was suppose to be with blanks and they were live rounds unfortunately, killing him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back