13B cannon crew member

Gabe

Hey i was wandering from anyone that has had experiance from 13B or cannon crewmember what is the bennifits you get and what is the things you most liked and disliked about the job. THANKS!:mrgreen::salute: and thanks for serving if you were in the military!

Last edited:
Most of the males in my guard unit are 13B's reclassed as 31B or 31E. Very few miss being a Gun Bunny

Good job man! But still doesn't answer my question let me re-state: What are the benifits for this job and what did you like and dis like about it?

AWESOME!!!

Alright man so what is it like to be a 13B and what fun did you have as well as not so fun stuff? Im going to be a 13B soon so i wanna know what im getting my self into :tank::m16::salute2:

To fire a big gun is probably fun.
Being in combat is definitely not fun.

But seriously, have you signed up for the army without having a clue what you are getting into?

And they call them selves "The king of battle"?

Good luck in your future endeavors..

KJ sends..

13 Bravos are loud, obnoxious, usually pretty stocky, gregarious, foul mouthed, lovable bastards. You could ask us to do something but we'd probably say "huh!" because we all have artillery ears. At the same time, when those grunts are in a pinch, and they need some help, whether they like to admit it or not, we're the ones they turn to. We blow sh*t up and we do it with a smile.

In all seriousness, being a 13B is easy and hard at the same time. Some of the things are quite complicated and it may seem daunting at first. Teamwork within your section is absolutely essential. If you bust your azz and really get into the manuals, you will excel. Technical competance is the most prided thing to have as a 13 Bravo. Take the time to ask your Chief/ Gunny/ Smoke about all aspects of your piece. Learn how to be a gunner as soon as you can. That's the best job to have as a Gun Bunny.

The best part about being a 13 Bang bang is obviously blowing shite up for a living. The worst part is humping them rounds. You haven't felt exhaustion until you've gone several days without sleep, shot all your ammo and now have to put another combat load of ammo into your vehicles. Or shoot all day and then have to displace and go to another position. Tough work for tough men. Weakness won't be tolerated and if you're a perpetual fvck up then you will be crushed. If you're highly motivated, like explosives, and have thick skin...you'll do great.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockin:You sir have the best answer here and i love every part of it thanks!!! Now i can NOT wait to ship out!! HOO-AH!!:salute2:

Back