116th AHC Hornets

Ronald

Thank you for Welcoming me to this website. I am looking for information that would help me identify the symbols on my Carcano M91/24 rifle. I have logged and filmed 27 markings and although some of them have been explained in a few internet articles I've read, there are still many that have not. I purchased the same model rifle as my first firearm back in 1965 from either JM Fields or Korvettes for $14.00. I sold it due to financial problems prior to my induction into the U.S. ARMY in April of 1966. I promised myself that at some point I would again own this rifle as a nostaglia piece. It took me over 40 years to do this. A few months ago I found one in a gun shop and after a quick inspection I purchased it for a total of $110.00. It is in decent condition and I recently test fired it for saftey purposes and to determine if it was as inaccurate as my former Carcano rifle. It fired saftely and surprisingly the first shot was on the paper at 50 yards using 6 o'clock military hold but 10 inches high and 10 inches to the left of the X. I adjusted the front sight and nearly centered the windage. I have not been able to correct the elevation as this model has the original military sights and is a cut-down version of the M91, which the Italian Army did with many of their long arms to convert them to carbines. However, this is not a target rifle, for me it is a promise I made 40 years ago and I will restore it within reasonalble financial means. I'm more interested in identifying the year and specifics of the symbols if possible. I would appreciate any information that anyone could provide me. Respectfully, Ron.

Last edited:
Back