100th F-22 delivered

Everything I have ever seen points out that the F-22 was probably flying with basically radar returners under its wings. Giveing it a very clear radar signature using the other aspects of the F-22 to simulate high performance soviet aircraft.

I think so as well.
Like Rock45 said, if this were true, it would have been all over aviation news.
Perhaps the link and entry was removed from Wikipedia because it was false. I don't think anyone in here actually cares so much as to go to the site and delete it.

Perhaps it was, although it quoted a well known aviation publication. Checking in that would clear things up somewhat. I admit I was surprised at the BVR lock on the F-22 if it were true. This largely negates the reason for it being stealthy in the first place.

On the subject of Wiki it's generally fairly accurate regarding military matters although anyone with an agenda can go in and make mischief basically.

A price

This isn't the one I was looking for but I had a different friend provide me with this.

£4.4 Billion divided by 72, gives the figure of £60 million per piece. Weapons, maintenance, training not yet included. So £58 million might be right, which is more than $100. Also Saudi MOD stated it is paying the same price per unit as the RAF. I think your guy confused dollars with pounds, or has a figure dating back to 1997-2002. Ask for his source.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/engineering/article2477461.ece

When my other friend gets back to me I'll post the other link I think it may be the same business.timesonline as well. We were blown by the end cost coming out to $186 mil per for a aircraft that can been seen on radar and not a true 5th generation. I like the aircraft a lot don't get me wrong it's great fighter but production started so late and the finished model isn't even out. If the rough cost of an Typhoon was spending $120 to say $140 mil per I rather spend the $160/170 mil on the F-22. Being stealthy is the biggest thing in aviation since going from the bi-plane to single wing aircraft. I also thing the F-35 is going to much better then people think it will too, it is coming basically out after the F-22 and will benefit greatly from that program.

I'm mixed with Wikipedia myself been burn a few times and others times it's been helpful. I use it first to sometimes for first level searches then using names and dates I fine I refine my searches and go from there.

Last edited:
could the F-22 achieve dominance in a war with a country with less quality fighters, but with huge quantity of them?

Perhaps it was, although it quoted a well known aviation publication. Checking in that would clear things up somewhat. I admit I was surprised at the BVR lock on the F-22 if it were true. This largely negates the reason for it being stealthy in the first place.

On the subject of Wiki it's generally fairly accurate regarding military matters although anyone with an agenda can go in and make mischief basically.
Sometimes, you have to wait a day and see if Wikipedia still has the same article. I'm a bit surprised that someone went to the trouble of trying to make up air combat simulation that ... didn't ever happen? Hard to say.

F-22 and F-15

Dose anybody know if any studies or test made using F-22s with F-15Cs and/or Super Hornets as shooters. Let the Super bugs or Eagles fly without their radar on and have F-22 datalink targets to them? Or in a force multiplier type setup say eight Eagles and a pair of F-22's? I'm interested in reading anything about this subject. I don't recall seeing anything like this maybe somebody else has. Thanks in advance

Dose anybody know if any studies or test made using F-22s with F-15Cs and/or Super Hornets as shooters. Let the Super bugs or Eagles fly without their radar on and have F-22 datalink targets to them? Or in a force multiplier type setup say eight Eagles and a pair of F-22's? I'm interested in reading anything about this subject. I don't recall seeing anything like this maybe somebody else has. Thanks in advance

You gotta get either Air Forces monthly magazine or Air Combat magazine (both being distributed in the US) and they cover such exercises from time to time. Also take a look at "Red Flag" exercise. You may like that...

F-22

Hi phoenix80
I think the F-22 will grow into much more then just a kick-ass fighter. I think compact powerful weapons will be develop for it's internal bay and even S-300 and maybe S-400 SAM batteries won't be safe. I really hope we don't sell them to anybody and keep the program like the F-117, give out little information period.

Hi phoenix80
I think the F-22 will grow into much more then just a kick-ass fighter. I think compact powerful weapons will be develop for it's internal bay and even S-300 and maybe S-400 SAM batteries won't be safe. I really hope we don't sell them to anybody and keep the program like the F-117, give out little information period.

Roger that! :drill:

Back