10 Is the New 15 As Kids Grow Up Faster - Page 2

--
10 Is the New 15 As Kids Grow Up Faster

November 28th, 2006  
bulldogg

Well all be ing damned son, I think we finally found some common ground. I absoinglutely agree with what you said there.

Seriously, I agree.
November 28th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Well all be ing damned son, I think we finally found some common ground. I absoinglutely agree with what you said there.

Seriously, I agree.

I see the obscene language on TV has gotten to you! It's a shame really.

And deerslayer, are you serious when you say your dad hit you with the butt of a shotgun? Or is this merely a joke?

Quote:
I did get buttstroked with a shotgun- I never complained about it.
Well sh*t. Maybe you should have. Hitting an adolescent with a shotgun is no way to discipline them.
Quote:

i think that it is stupid for kids to being growing up so fast there is no way a girl should be dressing like a adult wearing make up or going on dates untill they are at least 15 or 16 and they shouldnt be having sex even when the get in high school I know of at least 10 girls in my school who are pregnant and that is mainly because alot of these parents do not set limites These kids need discipline ipod at 13 uh no im almost 18 and dont even have one i almost never even go on dates much less a "realstionship" its horrible that kids grow up so fast the parents need to learn to set limites controle what their kids watch and play as well as do and what they wear you should not be letting your 13 year old girl wear make up to school and string bikinnies to the beach thats just asking for trouble
And I'm sure most parents do set limits on whether a child can have sex etc. when they're 15 or w/e, but does that work? Not always. Alot of children dont obey thier parents wishes on stuff like that. You can blame TV and Music I guess but it comes down to whether the child wants to do those things or not. If they do, then they will. And what does having an ipod have to do with anything? The fact that you hardly ever go on dates shouldnt dictate whether everyone else does. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but, it's the truth.

Quote:
Missileer, I'm actually going to be lenient with Matthew about dating, he can date when he's 23... give him two years toget used to alcohol so he doesn't repeat his old man's mistakes.
Good luck with that.
November 28th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

I'd like to just add my bit about the parenting aspect of this..bulldogg hinted at it earlier...the only thing i ever agreed with Jessie Jackson with..."Your not a man because you can have a child, your a man when you can raise one."
--
November 28th, 2006  
Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
I'd like to just add my bit about the parenting aspect of this..bulldogg hinted at it earlier...the only thing i ever agreed with Jessie Jackson with..."Your not a man because you can have a child, your a man when you can raise one."
Amen. Just about anyone can have a kid. It takes real maturity to raise one into a productive member of society.
November 28th, 2006  
Missileer

Any man can be a Father, it takes a special man to be a Dad.
November 28th, 2006  
Sevens

So true, Missileer.
November 29th, 2006  
major liability

I have no limits set in stone. When I think my kid is ready, he can do what he wants, on a case-by-case basis. TBH I really don't care about foul language at all, I guess I'm just too used to it... The core principal for the teen years though must be "Use a condom every time."
November 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

And say no to drugs.
November 30th, 2006  
bulldogg

Every man has a plan until he gets hit.
December 1st, 2006  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
I see the obscene language on TV has gotten to you! It's a shame really.

And deerslayer, are you serious when you say your dad hit you with the butt of a shotgun? Or is this merely a joke?

Well sh*t. Maybe you should have. Hitting an adolescent with a shotgun is no way to discipline them.

Good luck with that.
Nah, it was one of my brother's hunting buddies. No worries- thanks in part to him, I took up weight lifting. After I started lifting and wasn't such a nerd, I got along great with him. I think, in retrospect, stuff like that helped harden me into the person I've become today- confident, physically and mentally tough, and persistent.