1:144 scale RC model of Heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen

NASAAN101

Guys,
I'm sure all of you know by now with me is My love For Heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen! Well, I find her as an 1/1;44 scale RC model! here is a little about the model: Model Length: 57in or 4-feet/9-inches-long, Model Beam: 5inches, Model Weight: 14 lbs, Number in Class: 3, Battle Units: 3.5, Props: 3, Rudders: 1, Speed: 23sec., Turrets: 4! But If and when i do get her, i'll let u guys follow the build through photos and I'll put updates up ok! let me know what you guys think ok! Here are two photos of the Hull and her when her done, she not mine, but she's my friend Steven Thrall's ship! Pictures by NASAAN101 - Photobucket
Nikki

It will be interesting to see how this goes although I still have trouble calling a ship named after a man "her and she".

:)

What do you plan to build it from?
As part of my senior year engineering project we built a large, scale model of this ship and went with an aluminium hull, laminated wooden deck for strength and used jewelers screws to simulate rivets and give it the steel construction look.

MontyB,
the Hulls are fiberglass hull! and there build to take this! The hulls are covered with very thin 1/32 balsa wood which allow the bb's that are fired from the the other ships guns mounted on the ships to penetrate and cause damage either below or above the waterline. The typical setup for a 3.5 unit cruiser (most cruisers around 10000 tonnes original displacement) is 1 pump of 1 unit, 1 BB gun with a 75 rounds magazine (1.5 units) and a 1 unit 50 rounds Magazine BB gun!
Nikki

MontyB,
yes and no! Yes its a kit, but the guns and the other stuff i have to bye for it, on there own! but for everything i need for her, she'll run about $1,000.00 but that peatty good for a cruiser her size!
Nikki

Last edited:
Back