09-11-01 ... 4 1/2 years and counting

OH - I see ... the fact that he had C's and was still accepted at Yale didn't have anything to do with his daddy either I guess.

At least Kerry didn't have to serve in a stateside 'week-end warrior' unit like Bush did (or did he?), to dodge the possibility of serving in Vietnam (and YES, I hold that against him ... many Vietnam vets do).

As far as the 'folksy angle', that is just as phoney as the rest of him .......

Yes it's true, I don't like GW ... I don't apologise for that ... I have never (on this forum), denied that I dislike everything about him ... HOWEVER ... I DO NOT hate him ... I just hate what he has done to this country.

Last edited:
Again I challenge you to answer this question and give the reasons why you made/make a particular decision that will appease and satisfy over 50% of Americans and the World at large:

How would you handle America and all the different situations if you were to step into office right this very instant?

Start with the war in Iraq and go from there. Make sure to hit on unemployment, Social Security, Illegal immigration, Afghanistan, American Homeland Security, Iran, China, and any other greater or lesser policy decisions that may have to be made foreign and domestic.

I am not sure where they get the numbers for approval ratings. I have never been called and/or polled to get my opinions and views. They usually poll how many? 1 - 2000 people? That is what % of the actual nation?

Are You Crazy? ......

Marinerhodes said:
Again I challenge you to answer this question and give the reasons why you made/make a particular decision that will appease and satisfy over 50% of Americans and the World at large:

How would you handle America and all the different situations if you were to step into office right this very instant?

Start with the war in Iraq and go from there. Make sure to hit on unemployment, Social Security, Illegal immigration, Afghanistan, American Homeland Security, Iran, China, and any other greater or lesser policy decisions that may have to be made foreign and domestic.

I am not sure where they get the numbers for approval ratings. I have never been called and/or polled to get my opinions and views. They usually poll how many? 1 - 2000 people? That is what % of the actual nation?
ARE YOU CRAZY????? I pray that it is not too late to do anything about the issues you raised ... GW has caused MAJOR problems with EVERY topic you listed and NOW you expect someone who is NOT a politician (or) responsible for where (or) how we got to where we are to resolve the problems ... NOT VERY LIKELY.

What I do know, is that we are in worse shape on every topic you listed and MOST (not all) of the fault can be laid at the doorstep of George's policies or the Republican House and Republican Senate's inability to be bi-partisan. DON'T worry, the Democrats are just as guilty as the Republicans ... however ... the Republican control what is and isn't going to be debated and voted on.

Compare pre-King George and now ... if you can't see where things have gotten worse then you must NOT be looking very closely.

WE ARE WORSE OFF IN ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY THAN WE WERE PRE-9/11. WHO IS TO BLAME ... (HINT) ... his initials are gwb ... and ... the Republican party (the spend spend spend spend spend party).

Chief Bones said:
ARE YOU CRAZY????? I pray that it is not too late to do anything about the issues you raised ... GW has caused MAJOR problems with EVERY topic you listed and NOW you expect someone who is NOT a politician (or) responsible for where (or) how we got to where we are to resolve the problems ... NOT VERY LIKELY.

Regardless of whether you are responsible or not. You are not only second guessing someone that has information you do not, as well as advisors and others that help him make decisions, but also in the process saying someone else could have done better.

I will then give you this comment/suggestion (paraphrased) that I have heard from people I respect and read in different books:

"Do not question the man on the ground (where ever and whatever that ground/battlefield might entail is the way I took it). He may have facts and information you do not."

Basically don't be am armchair quarterback and say shoulda, woulda, coulda, if, and, or, neither, nor, etc unless you are there with that person and have access to the same information they do. Even then your opinions may differ because of training and/or moral reasons. Maybe you have more experience than him. Do not expect someone to do something because it is what YOU would have done instead.

I know I made the above statements before in various forms. Somehow it keeps coming back to the same thing. *shrugs*

Keep swinging ...

Marinerhodes said:
Regardless of whether you are responsible or not. You are not only second guessing someone that has information you do not, as well as advisors and others that help him make decisions, but also in the process saying someone else could have done better.

I will then give you this comment/suggestion (paraphrased) that I have heard from people I respect and read in different books:

"Do not question the man on the ground (where ever and whatever that ground/battlefield might entail is the way I took it). He may have facts and information you do not."

Basically don't be am armchair quarterback and say shoulda, woulda, coulda, if, and, or, neither, nor, etc unless you are there with that person and have access to the same information they do. Even then your opinions may differ because of training and/or moral reasons. Maybe you have more experience than him. Do not expect someone to do something because it is what YOU would have done instead.

I know I made the above statements before in various forms. Somehow it keeps coming back to the same thing. *shrugs*
You can quote funny little excerpts from any article you wish ad infinitum or till the cows come home and it don't change a thing ... anyone with a mind that can reason and a set of ears to hear and eyes that can see, can figure out that we ARE NOT BETTER OFF THAN WE WERE WHEN GW TOOK OFFICE and that at least some of the blame belongs to GW and the House and Senate.

Keep swinging ... nothing you say or post can change the above facts.

I think just the opposite. You should be very critical of the men on the ground, because they are accountable for the things they do. I don't mean they have to give all the details for some op. and endanger lives. But they should be controlable afterwards! It is called transperancy and should be vital in a democracy. And if he/ she does all kinds of things and never tells you why, you'll get millions of rumours. Be straight and be controlable, because a democracy that doesn't check itself isn't a democracy!

Chief Bones said:
You can quote funny little excerpts from any article you wish ad infinitum or till the cows come home and it don't change a thing ... anyone with a mind that can reason and a set of ears to hear and eyes that can see, can figure out that we ARE NOT BETTER OFF THAN WE WERE WHEN GW TOOK OFFICE and that at least some of the blame belongs to GW and the House and Senate.

Keep swinging ... nothing you say or post can change the above facts.

The only thing it won't change is your dislike for the way you see things ran. Here is another funny little quote that my MSgt has up on his wall:

"If you feel so strongly about something that you feel the need to complain about it, put the complaint in writing and suggest solutions to the problem rather than adding yourself to the problem."

. . . I have yet to see you do this even though I have challenged you to do so. Kinda like telling the mechanic he should fix your car when you have no clue why it won't run. But you blame him for not fixing it fast enough. (Another little comparison if you wish.)

Nor were we better off before some of the members of the house and senate took office. *shrug* it is a matter of what you wish to look at and how you wish to look at it. I am not saying some of the blame does not belong to the POTUS and other politicians. What I am saying is that not all the blame falls on the POTUS shoulders like you and others have stated and insinuated many times. There is a political process, and many actions that have been taken could not have been taken without the House and Senate approval.

Last edited:
I must say Marinerhodes, I kinda fell outta this post, but you're right. Not all the blame falls on the President...but most of it does. Call it a scapegoat, call it a convienient outlet, call it whatever, but Chief is right...We are worse of than when GB took office. Now no1 can predict the future, and we dont know what would have happened if Gore had taken over, or if Kerry had won the second term election, but I do know that we got who we got and its really no good trying to play the name game...

EDIT:Oh, by the wayside...HOLY CRAP YOU GET UP EARLY!lol...4:59AM...

As the leader, it is his responsibility to be accountable. To say he is completely to blame is not only wrong, but ignorant. There are many more cogs in the wheel of government. That said, the buck does stop with him, and ultimately, as the leader he will bear the responsibility.

We are worse of than when GB took office

I hear a lot of complaining about the current condition the US is in, but no one has actually named and specific complaints. As I see it, much of what is occuring within the borders of the US has been occuring long before the current POTUS ever took office. You certainly can't blame Bush for Social Security, and unemployment is going down. He's attempting to tackle the immigration issue, that NO one wants to touch. The Iraqi war may or may not be a "bad" thing, depending on how you look at it. Most of the country would say it is, so we'll go with that for arguments sake. So, what else?

I see the problems, some that have been born out of this admin, many more that this admin has simply inherited. But I am curious as to what your specific complaints are.

PJ24 said:
But I am curious as to what your specific complaints are.

. . And how you would go about solving them. At the very least what you would have done differently and why you would have done it differently.

Back