0321 Qualifications Tips/Advice?

Tovarish1

First thing I'd like to stress is: I'm sorry if by any chance that this thread is on the wrong category. Secondly, I'm looking for all the qualifications on getting MOS 0321. I know that you need to be either SCUBA or airborne certified and I was wondering if you can choose which one you'd prefer more. If for example I wash out of SCUBA school, will I still be allowed to participate in US Army Airborne School? Not to confuse you, I don't plan on joining Force Recon... I just want to be a part of Battalion Recon (3rd Battalion if possible.) So if anybody has some tips/advice for me, I'll reply rapidly and you can count on that. Thanks.

You can now enlist with a 0321 option, unlike before . You still have to INDOC, you still have to have the GT score and the PFT and Swim Qual scores, but you are guarenteed an INDOC slot.

Actually you will probably not be a given any option as to which school you are sent to first or at all. It will depend on the school seats and the needs of the unit whether you are sent to Basic Airborne Course or Combatant Diver Course. Force (and other tier assets ) have mission mandatory seats.

If you were to bilge out at CDC you'd probably be washed out of your unit they won't waste anymore school seats on you.

Oh ok. Thanks. Because it seems like there are more graduates at Airborne School than at SCUBA School.

More seats are available for Jump School and it's a shorter less demanding course than Combatant Diver.

Tovarish,

as you don´t seem to follow up on your "3-line" MOS question on the other forum anymore, and as you probably looked for the answer I reported here int his one, I will forward (if Mods allow) the "3" line to you as FACman posted it over there (http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/the-military-general-discussion-area/0369-requirements-usmc-mos/msg5813/#msg5813):

FACman sez:

This might help you out.

Type of MOS : PMOS (Primary MOS)

Rank Range: MGySgt to SSgt

Job Description: The infantry unit leader assists commanders and operations officers in the training, deployment and tactical employment of rifle, weapons, LAR, and antitank platoons/companies and infantry, and LAR battalions, are proficient in all the infantry weapons systems. They supervise and coordinate the preparation of personnel, weapons and equipment for movement and combat, the establishment and operation of unit command posts, the fire and movement between tactical units, the fire of supporting arms, and the unit resupply and casualty evacuation effort. As a platoon sergeant or section leader in the rifle, scout sniper, weapons, heavy machinegun, LAR, and anti-armor platoons, he advises the platoon commander on all issues of discipline, morale and welfare.

Job Requirements: Complete the Infantry Unit Leader Course at SDI, Camp Pendleton, CA, or SDI, Camp Lejeune, NC, (from here highlighted in original post, R.) or have held either MOS 0311, 0313, 0331, 0341, 0351 or 0352 upon selection to staff sergeant.(END highlighting, R.)

Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.87, Training and Readiness Manual.

Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :

Infantry Unit Leader 378.137-010.

Related Marine Corps Jobs:

None.

Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3

(As you can see by the highlighted section, if you make SSG while in a qualifying MOS, you need not attend the school as you will have learned all that is needed via OJT)

Good Luck & Semper Fi!
Hope that helps something,

Rattler

That's the offical description for MOS 0369. He's got his cart about a click in front of the horse asking about that. He's got at least 8 to 9 years before he even needs to worry about that.

Well see Rattler, it's not that I'm confirming going 0369. All I know is that I'm joining. That's very broad, don't know which MOS yet. But I'm thinking of going to BRC.

Well see Rattler, it's not that I'm confirming going 0369. All I know is that I'm joining. That's very broad, don't know which MOS yet. But I'm thinking of going to BRC.

Son.You ain't going 0369. You get promoted into 0369 upon promotion to Ssgt and additional training.

I actually just went to TacOps nice forum not bad. Easy to use 'cause it's the same format as this one or Leatherneck forums.

That is so far ahead in the future that you might as well not even ask. By the time you're time for SSgt promotion comes up, things may have changed pretty drastically.
Heck, this is assuming you actually join the Marines, manage to get through boot camp, manage to actually not mind being in the Marines, don't die or get maimed etc etc etc.

That's what I mean. SSgt then go 0369. I know the rules lol (some of them)

See 13th's post below.

That is so far ahead in the future that you might as well not even ask. By the time you're time for SSgt promotion comes up, things may have changed pretty drastically.
Heck, this is assuming you actually join the Marines, manage to get through boot camp, manage to actually not mind being in the Marines, don't die or get maimed etc etc etc.

I'm gonna second that. 1st worry about enlisting& about picking an MOS, then worry about boot camp, then worry about MOS School, Then worry about being profiecent in your MOS.

Stop worrying about quals and scare me badges.

Just stay active, stay fit, stay in school and get good grades.
It may sound stupid but that's the best advice anyone can give you at this point.
Stay away from excessive hard core running and weight training. I was told that the whole idea that they stunt growth is just a rumor. BS. Turns out it was true. I did the most hard core weight lifting and I'm the shortest guy in my family including cousins by a big margin. Then I went to college, my life fell apart and never really regained the weight lifter strength that I once had. Actually didn't regain that in the Marines either as I was far too overworked. I got close though... but I was in so much friggin' pain that when I left, I lost 20 pounds in about three weeks or something ridiculous like that.
You just can't tell how your life will unfold. You might go to college, major in music and laugh at yourself for ever having thought of joining the military.

Back