Wars for democracy

Duty Honor Country

ravensword227 said:
As history shows no country has ever invaded and brought a democratic from of government to another people. It never has and it never will.more Iraqi troops.

ravensword227 has a point. Many wars have brought democracy to a country, but they were fought for other reasons.

Has any wars in history been fought for the soul purpose of giving a country democracy?

nor do I

All the wars I know about were fought for different reasons than bring democracy. The injection of democracy seems to be a pleasant side affect to many wars.

Not trying to get technical, but Democracies are unstable and short-lived. There are no true Democracies existing today, and I think the closest anyone have ever come was France (and that was a failure). I think the word "Democracy" is being overused and it makes me sick.

democracy: "a government of the masses. Authority derived through mass meetings or any other form of direct expression. Results in mobocracy. Attitude towards property is communistic-negative property rights. Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate, whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences. It results in demagogism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy."
U.S. Army Training Manual

Back