Move Them Out!

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
For the second time in just over a month, Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell appeared to freeze while speaking to reporters.

At a press event in Covington, Kentucky, the 81-year-old paused for more than 30 seconds when asked whether he would run for-re-election in 2026.

Aides attempted to prompt the senator, but it took several more seconds for Mr McConnell to recover.
He then answered two more questions, which had to be repeated by staff.

This is crazy.

I'm of the mindset there should be age limits.

McConnell, Feinstein, Biden....
I largely feel sorry for these people though, regardless of how you see their politics they shouldn't have to be in the positions they are.
There has to be something wrong with a political system that needs to have people who should be enjoying their retirement running countries.

I largely feel sorry for these people though, regardless of how you see their politics they shouldn't have to be in the positions they are.
There has to be something wrong with a political system that needs to have people who should be enjoying their retirement running countries.
I agree. But I do think a large part of it is purely they don't want to let go of the power they hold.

This Biden and Trump thing alone is absolutely insane.

I agree. But I do think a large part of it is purely they don't want to let go of the power they hold.

This Biden and Trump thing alone is absolutely insane.
I am not sure about that, I get the impression Biden never really wanted the job and Trump clearly didn't want it as he spent most of it on a golf course, it was just a status thing for him.

"they don't want to let go of the power they hold." bingo! " I get the impression Biden never really wanted the job." He actually ran 3 times previously & was rejected by Democrat voters in the Primaries, Guess Dem. voters decided he did a decent job of watering the flowers in the White House for Obama, plus 4 years of incessant attacks on Trump by the Dems & their co-conspirators in the Media got Biden elected.

"they don't want to let go of the power they hold." bingo! " I get the impression Biden never really wanted the job." He actually ran 3 times previously & was rejected by Democrat voters in the Primaries, Guess Dem. voters decided he did a decent job of watering the flowers in the White House for Obama, plus 4 years of incessant attacks on Trump by the Dems & their co-conspirators in the Media got Biden elected.
He may have wanted it at some point I don't doubt that but I still get the impression that he only ran this time to defeat Trump.
The problem with Trump is that he is divisive a trait that works well at the middle levels but fails dismally at the top and from a non-Americans point of view he is just an appalling example of a human being.
This is not something the US has a monopoly on ours are equally as bad and just as unlikable, arrogant pains in the arse seem to be all politics has to offer worldwide.

But I still believe something has to be done to get these decrepit fossils out of office and get some new blood into power, preferably ones with a pulse to move that blood around a bit.

Time for new blood...
Absolutely, with luck these elections will be the last ride of the boomers.

However, there also needs to be some form of plan to break up the polarisation that is happening in politics which means some serious work to get these conspiracy nutters under control.

Absolutely, with luck these elections will be the last ride of the boomers.

However, there also needs to be some form of plan to break up the polarisation that is happening in politics which means some serious work to get these conspiracy nutters under control.
Boomers include people in their 60s, maybe upper 50s, so probably not. Don't see anyway to stop the movement to the extreme Right/Left as people get more set in their ways on both sides. Think the Kook Site types is a seperate problem.

Don't see anyway to stop the movement to the extreme Right/Left as people get more set in their ways on both sides. Think the Kook Site types is a seperate problem.
Yep.

We've got to find some common sense middle ground.

Thinking dog dewormer is a cure for cancer? Are you serious bro? (Hard right is throwing this around right now).

And as for the left...I just got my tush handed to me by a bunch of barista Redditors because I said I don't like being labeled non-binary. This doesn't even make sense anymore. If you identify as a helicopter I have to respect that, but you don't have to respect me being she/her?

It's [blanking] nuts. People are legit losing their minds.

Yep.

Thinking dog dewormer is a cure for cancer? Are you serious bro? (Hard right is throwing this around right now).

And as for the left...I just got my tush handed to me by a bunch of barista Redditors because I said I don't like being labeled non-binary. This doesn't even make sense anymore. If you identify as a helicopter I have to respect that, but you don't have to respect me being she/her?

To be honest I think it would be an interesting study to find out what/who was driving the disinformation.
I was watch this not long ago and it seemed like a good place to start...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep.

I mean this day and age I wish we could rewind the clock and go back. I mean seriously why do people believe all sorts of things.

I mean this day and age I wish we could rewind the clock and go back. I mean seriously why do people believe all sorts of things.
A large part of the problem is that we have become reliant on the internet to tell us how to think and what to do and we have lost the ability to think critically which makes us susceptible to the crackpot ideas being espoused by various groups.

A large part of the problem is that we have become reliant on the internet to tell us how to think and what to do and we have lost the ability to think critically which makes us susceptible to the crackpot ideas being espoused by various groups.
True.

Back