FORT STILL

I know Fort Sill in Oklahoma ; is the artillery school for ARMY/soldiers and MARINES/troops , but I found out its going to be closed in 2010 . Is it true ? Where will new marines go for Artillery school after boot camp 2010 ?

THANKS GOD BLESS

Last edited:
I know Fort Still in Oklahoma ; is the artillery school for ARMY/soldiers and MARINES/troops , but I found out its going to be closed in 2010 . Is it true ? Where will new marines go for Artillery school after boot camp 2010 ?

THANKS GOD BLESS
A lot of Forts have stills, but you might be talking about Ft. Sill?

Probably 29 Palms but that is up in the air as to whether or not an East/west program is set up. If a div school is set up east will go to Lejune west to palms.

I have scowered the web and cannot find anything about the Marines ending their training at Fort Sill. I was at Fort Sill for 6 months and had USMC instructors. They never mentioned anything about the Marines moving their FA training.

Up until about 84 the Corps had OJT for cannoneers at Lejune and Pendelton the FDC and FO's went to Sill.apparently there is talk in the 08 circle of the Corps setting up their own cannoneer school again..least that what my Msgt friend in the 08 field advises...don,t know thats just my intel. Take it FWIW Lt.

Sir, I don't think he's asking about Sill being closed. I think he heard some scuttlebutt about the USMC 0811 course being moved from Sill to a USMC base. Thats how I read it anyway.

They might be moving the 0811 course. It is not set in stone. Scuttlebutt floats around all the time don't believe it until you see it.

Don't worry about it you will go where you go, be it Sill or where ever.

Back