Design and Discuss Your Firebase!

ZombieCombatCommand

Whether you call it a firebase, a strongpoint, a shelter, a holdout, or a new town, the fact is that in an outbreak bad enough to pull society apart, you're going to have to be somewhere.

Go with what you have in terms of terrain and environment... what could you do to maximize surviving the outbreak and thriving in the world after?

It's best you weld all of them. If you need to get in or out, using a ladder for a window on the 2nd floor is the safest option for all.
What would the rest of your strong point look like?

It's best you weld all of them. If you need to get in or out, using a ladder for a window on the 2nd floor is the safest option for all.
What would the rest of your strong point look like?

Why not simply go underground like the Vietnamese did, anything that requires climbing around a building effectively traps you and reduces your escape options so I suggest digging tunnels (traps included).

Any possible way for a zombie infection would render the outer parts of the brain useless, whether the parasite eats it away or disconnects it from the rest of the body. It would only leave the brain stem which is what someone needs in order to survive. This includes walking, running, eating, etc. Swimming is something that people train themselves to do so I doubt zombies will be able to get to someone on the water which means that someone could be perfectly safe quite close to the shore (for when supplies are needed).........well....I hope...

Why not simply go underground like the Vietnamese did, anything that requires climbing around a building effectively traps you and reduces your escape options so I suggest digging tunnels (traps included).

Going underground means that there is very little option other than the rations you have with you when you go under. The ability to stay hidden will be maximized, but anything else will be difficult to impossible. Even every day tasks such as cooking will be extremely difficult in those conditions and you can't ignore morale either. So between going underground and using distance for safety, we have gone to prefer distance.

But going up isnt going to help either, at least going underground gives you easy access to the outdoors that the 2nd or 3rd floor of a building wont.

Back