Zastava Arms

Zastava Arms, Kragujevac

2h4gruv.jpg

A display and summary of a few weapons produced by Serbian arms-manufacturing company "Zastava Arms", based in Kragujevac.

Zastava CZ999 Pistol

2n9ap2f.jpg

The CZ999 is the latest development of pistols in Zastava arms. Like many other pistols made there, it has excellent ergonomics and has a forged barrel with a hard chrome plate inside. It has ambidextrous controls and a loade chamber indicator. It also has a indicator which lights up when there is only 3 rounds left in the magazine.

Specifications
Caliber - 9mm PARA
Magazine Capacity - 15 Rouns
Weight - 900g
Overall Length - 198mm

Zastava M70A Lux

dnedz6.jpg

The M70A Lux is a personal defence pistol. It is semi-automatic, and functions with the principle of short barreled recoil. One of its best traits is its very simple handling and maintenance, not to mention its good reliability. Its most efficient range is up to about 50m, and at a range of 25m completely rips through a 2mm thick steel sheet.​

Specifications
Caliber - 9mm PARA
Magazine Capacity - 9 Rouns
Weight - 870g
Overall Length - 200mm​

Zastava M21S 5.56mm Assault Rifle

bfgx0m.jpg

Battlefield complexity demands a weapon of great firing ability, functioning in hardest climate and ground conditions. The solution is 5.56mm M21S assault rifle. It was designed on the basis of famous Kalashnikov, having accuracy and precision of a sniper rifle and at the same time using grenade launcher.​

The most important custom features:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Ergonomically designed, with perfect balance[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Low recoil[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Light weight and compact[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Highly efficient and reliable locking system proven and safe type of trigger mechanism possibility for night aiming (tritium tubes)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Polymer stock with possibility of quick change of position[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Magazine made of high-quality polymer made of best possible raw materials [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Hammer forged barrel with chromium plated interior ensuring high accuracy[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- The rifle has a built-in Picatinny rail, enabling assembly of all optical devices corresponding to NATO standard.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Quick and simple knife assembly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Quick and simple assembly of 40mm underbarrel grenade launcher. Stock assembled rubber buffer, which is a part of the accessories, enables more comfortable shooting with the launcher.[/FONT]​

Specifications
Caliber - 5.56mm NATO
Magazine Capacity - 30 Rounds
Weight -3.85kg
Overall Length - 925mm​

Zastava M70 SMG

yfngp.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weapon family designed on the basis of Kalashnikov, which was proven in numerous wars fought worldwide in the last fifty years of its honorable service.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Ergonomically designed, with perfect balance[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Low recoil[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Functional in all weather and ground conditions[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Light weight and compact[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Use of same magazine, 30rds. capacity[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Made of best possible raw materials[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Possibility for night aiming (tritium tubes)[/FONT]
- Highly efficient and reliable locking system
- Proven and safe type of trigger mechanism
- Hammer forged barrel that ensures high accuracy​

Specifications
Caliber - 7.62x39mm Russian
Magazine Capacity -30 Rounds
Weight - 3.5kg
Overall Length - 800mm​

Zastava 30mm BGA

33uyde0.jpg

Highly effective weapon representing a qualitative step forward in this field, creating possibilities for new tactical and strategic plans of military units.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Modern system and unique design of the of the weapon provide shooting at large distances in different terrain and climate conditions, with great lethal radius.Basic purposes of this weapon are disabling of open and covered targets at distances up to 1700m and neutralizing of light armored vehicles at distances up to 1000m.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BGA uses 30mm grenades for action at ground targets.[/FONT][/FONT]
Weapon set includes sighting device NSBG-1 which enables direct, semi-direct and indirect aiming and aiming in conditions of lower visibility.
Design of the tripod enables quick change from march into combat position and vice versa.​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Small dimensions[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Light weight[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Easy aiming[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Simple handling and maintenance[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Great reliability[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Direct and indirect aiming[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Changeable rate of fire[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- High-quality materials[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Chromium plated barrel interior[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Belt fed, from the ammunition box[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Drum magazine, 29 grenades capacity[/FONT]

Specifications
Caliber - 30mm Grenade
Grenade Capacity - 29
Rate of Fire - 350-400 grenades per minute
Weight - 45kg​

Zastava M93 "Black Arrow"
30kajbn.jpg

Our designers had a task of creating a weapon capable of destroying various targets at large distances and in different climate and terrain conditions. This is the result: M93 BLACK ARROW.
A long range rifle, made on the basis of Mauser system, which was, during its one hundred years long combat history, proven to be the most accurate and most reliable bolt-action system.
Primary purpose of this rifle is long range engagement of hardly visible targets and due to that, it is provided only with optical sight, which is included in the rifle set (8x magnification with the division up to 1800m). Its mount can accept the sights of other manufacturers as well.
Barrels are made by technology used on heavy machine gun barrels of the same caliber, which have a ballistic life of more than 5000 rounds.
Manner of external making of the barrel provides quicker cooling.

- Excellent balance
- Stock with two spring buffers
- Muzzle brake facilitating shooting (decreasing recoil by 62%)
- Stock and forehand made of polymer, reinforced with glass fibers
- Adjustable folding bipod able to fit the size of the cover behind which the rifle is placed
- Locking Mauser system
- Bolt guided along the whole length of its movement in the receiver
- Heavy barrel for accurate and precise path of fired projectile of large energetic potential

Specifications
Caliber - 12.7x107mm Russian/.50cal Browning
Magazine Capacity - 5 Rounds
Max. Effective Range -1950m
Weight - 16kg
Length - 1670mm

Zastava 12.7mm Heavy Machine Gun

xfvxc.jpg

M87 haevy machine gun uses design of the famous NSV. This design provides reliable, jam-proof operation in any ground or weather conditions.

PURPOSE
- anti-aircraft machine gun on battle tanks and armoured behicles
- providing efficient anti-aircraft protecion for highly mobile, light mountain infantry units, but also providing heavy, long-range accurate fire on ground targets
- providing afficient fire against water-surface and costal targets
Depending on purpose and the type of combat means on which it is placed, the gun is used with appropriate mount.
When used on tanks and armoured vehicles, it is placed on rotating mount and its primary function it to be anti-aircraft machine gun.
The mount is equipped with an elevation gear and equilibrating springs, which enable smooth elevation movement, and handles enabling traversal movement. It also has brake levers for fixing the gun in wanted position. In this case, the set includes high mounted reflex anti-aircraft sight.
Infantry version is tripod mount, with a gunner's seat, cradle with the mechanisms, controls and the sight that are similar to the ones fitted on the tank mount. This set includes low mounted telescopic sight for shooting at ground targets in lying position. The mount can easily be disassembled in three major parts, each of which is lighter than 25kg, so that the weapon can easily be transported on soldier's back over long distances on hard terrains.
- made of high tensile heat treated steel forgings
- hard chromium plated barrel interior
- front and rear mechanical sights
- functional parts machined on state-of-the-art CNC machinery that enables very accurate production and very low tolerances
- each gun is subjected to rigorous testing and approval
- belt-fed
- empty cases ejected forward
- barrel can be quickly detached for cooling or cleaning
- spare barrel prolongs the service life of the weapon
- gas chamber equipped with gas flow regulator

Specifications
Caliber - 12.7mm Russian
Rate of Fire - 700rpm [Minimum]
Weight - 25kg
Length - 1560mm

The pistols are pretty original.

However, they incorporate things that make both Western and Russian guns good and put them into one; notice how some of the weapons are based on Kalashnikovs but use NATO rounds?

Just because its not original doesnt mean its crap, though however I wouldnt be surprised if a few certain people on this forum make claims that the Kalashnikovs are unreliable...

A lot of guns from Zastava Arms are exported to other contries.

Everybody does, its a very fine sniper.

You could probably buy it, I have read that they have been exported a fair bit to America. I wonder if that 5.56 guy has one? Im under the impression he manages a firearm store?

I doubt it would be cheap, its pretty good quality stuff.

EDIT: Another neat thing is that it can handle the scopes of other manufacturers, so if yuo already have one your saving a bit of money =D

Last edited:
In bold.

The pistols are pretty original.

However, they incorporate things that make both Western and Russian guns good and put them into one; notice how some of the weapons are based on Kalashnikovs but use NATO rounds?
Actually that was more of a marketing thing.

Just because its not original doesnt mean its crap, though however I wouldnt be surprised if a few certain people on this forum make claims that the Kalashnikovs are unreliable...
Well if they're badly made they can be unreliable. I'd imagine that Zastava Arms would produce good quality weapons though.

A lot of guns from Zastava Arms are exported to other contries.
Yep, so making a Nato caliber version of Warsaw pact weapons wasn't a bad thing to try.

That post definitely surprised me.

Yes, it would have been partly a marketing thing, but lets face it: Most Western-made ammunition is better than the Russian counterparts.

Best example is when comparing the 9x19mm to the Russian 9x18mm, it is obvious that the latter is not nearly as good as the legendary 9x19mm, so it would be more effective to use the 9x19 one.

Well more than performance it would be manufacture quality.
I'd bet that most NATO rounds are manufactured with higher standards.

Probably, but the old Soviet principle was to mass produce equipment. I heard that in the US you can buy 4 Makarov 9x18mm pistols for the price of one Colt 1911.

Nice lay out of small arms there, I always think it is interesting to see how old proven Soviet Classics are being updated or new designs are being produced for the 21st century, really something interesting to look at on on some countries that will be buying on the world market for small arms.

Its a good thing Yugoslavia had such a knowledgable and profesional group of designers during Tito's and early-1980's era.

But then again, Yugoslavia used to have one of the more finer militaries in the world.

Some of the rifles you shown do show some innovations that you don't see much in eastern rifles, capable of carrying advanced optics, and firing NATO and other western cartridges makes them quite unique, accuracy ratings for some of them is through the roof, and I bet buying a boat load of these for your Country's defense is far more economical than most western rifles. Or are they?

The cheap, easily and reliability of a Russian gun with the advanced abilities of a western gun.

Yes, Serbia is very lucky. A lot of the special forces in Serbia prefer the M-21S over H&K and other assault rifles from the west.

talk about competition,maybe they will catch on, i have seen other arms companies attempt goes at modern soviet arms but none were that successful.maybe this example will break that barrier and open a new front of competition?

They already export to western countries. The M-93 12mm sniper is I think the gun most exported to America from Zastava Arms.

We already export it, but people are more likely going to think a H&K is better than a Zastava Arms gun, because H&K is pretty big.

But as I mentioned, a lot of SAJ special force units in Serbia prefer the M21S when it comes to assault rifles.

A great company-i have seen the most of their products live.In my country 90%of the guns are zastava!I have fired some of them and i have to say the M57(copy of russian tokarev TT)and the CZ99(copy of SSG226)are masterpieces...

I hope theyre not bad as the hunting rifles they sell. I had a couple and all of them rust pretty quick

And its very funny that you are trying to compare Zastava with HK. First of all, all of them are copies they dont function well caue i was a former user of those weapons. And give some evidence that they are sold in the states. I tried to avoid this but could no longer, of how much b******tting there is here.

Last edited:
I hope theyre not bad as the hunting rifles they sell. I had a couple and all of them rust pretty quick

And its very funny that you are trying to compare Zastava with HK. First of all, all of them are copies they dont function well caue i was a former user of those weapons. And give some evidence that they are sold in the states. I tried to avoid this but could no longer, of how much b******tting there is here.

You can get a lot of guns made by Zastava in the States.

And you are the only person that has anything bad to say about Zastava. People who have used/seen these guns first hand [i.e Zajcef] know that they are very fine weapons.

Back