Yay for racist congresswoman. :/

Rabs

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200606/POL20060627a.html

McKinney Campaign Website Uses Racial Slurs, Critic Says
By Monisha Bansal
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
June 27, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.), who charged last March that the Capitol Police harassed her because she is "a female black Congresswoman," allows posters on her re-election website to use racial slurs, a conservative black leader says.

Prominently featured on McKinney's campaign site are messages from people supporting the Georgia Democrat who refer to Republicans as "good ol' boy cracker-crats" and call a former Democratic opponent "an Oreo black candidate."

On the front page of the site, Greg Palast, an investigative reporter with the BBC, says: "The good ol' boy cracker-crats of the Republican Party are having themselves a regular hootenanny over allegations that Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney landed a punch on a security guard at the Capitol."

Click these links to visit the original page or to view a screen capture.

She later apologized for hitting the officer with her cell phone, saying: "I know that the Capitol Hill Police are securing our safety, that of thousands of others, and I appreciate the work that they do. I deeply regret that the incident occurred."

McKinney, who represented the mostly African-American Fourth District of Georgia from 1992 to 2002 and regained her seat in 2004, also links to an article entitled "The Beloved Cynthia McKinney" from Michael Ruppert, a former police detective from Los Angeles who says he is a friend of McKinney's.

In the article, Ruppert attacks former Rep. Denise Majette (D-Ga.) with a racial epithet. Majette defeated McKinney in the Democratic primary in 2002 after the district had been redrawn. She served one term in the House before running for a seat in the U.S. Senate.

"An Oreo black candidate named Denise Majette emerged as lots of money poured from the coffers of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) funded not only a hate campaign against McKinney, but in support of her opponent as well," Ruppert wrote.

Click the links to visit the original page or to view a screen capture.

"Illegally, thousands of Republican voters crossed over to vote for the Oreo in the primary while the seat stayed safely Democratic, and all were quietly relieved when Cynthia didn't even make it to the general election," he continued.

Mychal Massie, chairman of the conservative group Project 21, said McKinney is responsible for the comments made by her "loyal fledglings."

"This is on her website; she is responsible for what is on her website," he said.

Massie told Cybercast News Service the comments are "morally opprobrious. They are disgusting, they are not worthy of any person, much less persons who occupy public office, and are sworn to act in the best interests of all people regardless of color, race or ethnicity."

"They are just wrong, but they are obviously not out of character for Cynthia McKinney or her fledglings," he said.

"Cynthia McKinney has time and time again risen to the lowest common denominator to show forth her lack of character, her lack of professionalism, her lack of decorum and her lack of respect for rule of law or for the provisions that govern others," Massie stated.

"She is not worthy, she is not fit to grace the halls of Congress," he added. "She brings with her a hatred, an animus and a racism that should have left America at the end of Jim Crow."

Calls made to Cynthia McKinney's campaign office seeking comment for this article were not returned by press time.

McKinney isnt a racist (that would mean she hates all whites) and I've seen no evidence of that yet, the closest she has come is anti-Republican which is mostly white. However she is certainly a political opportunist that loves to play the race card. I particularly disliked how she portrayed herself as the "poor black women" when the situation was clear that the incident with the DC cop was entirely her fault. Not only did she try and pass blame to another person but her opportunism was a slur against those poor black women who really do have to go out into the world and face real racism. This isnt the first incident either. Fortunetly most Dems give her a wide berth, did you notice how many came to her defense, you could count them on your hand.

The Dems would love to be rid of both her and Jefferson.

As long as the republicans can appear to be the party of at least semi-sain people they have an edge. Its benefical for them at least to have the dems be stuck with these guys.

Im sick of Republicans though but the when theres only two choices :(. I wanna see a senate full of Liberman democrats.

Rabs said:
As long as the republicans can appear to be the party of at least semi-sain people they have an edge. Its benefical for them at least to have the dems be stuck with these guys.

Im sick of Republicans though but the when theres only two choices :(. I wanna see a senate full of Liberman democrats.

Rabs I dunno youve been reading the papers but the GOP has got far worse problems, than the dems. There at least a dozen congresspeople all GOP (+1 democrat) that are linked to Abramoff, and Abramoff is singing like a canary. 1 GOP congressperson is already in jail and he wont be alone. The truth is people really dont care about McKinney, she's an obnoxious loudmouth but nobody cares. But they do carry about currupt congressman who take bribes and other illegal junkets and sell this country to the highest bidder. I think the GOP would take 100 Mckinneys rather than dealth with the Abramoff fallout. There are already several races the GOP will almost certainly lose because of this. Conrad Burns and Bob Ney are both going down in the polls, and probably to jail thereafter.

She is a communist (now call a liberal)...but still a communist....the communists highjacked the Dems and the Democratic Party along time ago....

These are the type of people who prey on the poor to keep their power. They tell them what they want to hear instead of trying to help them out of poverty. This way they retain their power base and get votes. Because if those people got out of poverty they would have no less support.

Back