WWII Quiz

Correct MMB

I thought there would be an answer suggesting it was the Manhattan project, but it was the weapon which delivered it!

Okay :smil: here we go

What was the last of Nakajima's fighters that was considered one of the best preforming aircraft from any country?

The plane was used by the Imperial Japanese Army

I did not know that Nakajima preformed airecraft... :)
Anyhow here is the answer.

The Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate (疾風, "Gale") was a single-seat fighter used by the Japanese Imperial Army in World War II. It was the last in Nakajima's line of classic fighters and considered one of the best-performing craft from any country. The Allied codename was "Frank"; the Army designation was "Type 4 Fighter" (四式戦闘機).

The Ki-84 first flew in March 1943. While the design was solid, a shortage of fuel and construction materials, poor production quality, and lack of skilled pilots kept it from reaching its potential. After the war a captured example was tested by the U.S. Army using high-octane fuel and achieved a speed of 690 km/h. A total of 3,449 were produced.

Dean.

Ok guy's, try this, name the bridge and unit that captured it and why was it so important to the success of D-Day! For a bonus point..Who was the famous actor who saw active service during this operation? (Clue=British):brave:
Read the rules on the first page of this thread, AlphaHound. You will have to answer the last question right in order to gain the right to ask a question.
Dean has the floor.:rock:

I do indeed. I've been gone for a while, and it's nice to be back. Here is a rather obscure one that will have you scratching your heads for about 30 seconds. Name the regiment from Montreal that took part in the Normandy invasion that still exists today.

Dean.

Sorry!

My appologies lads and sorry Dean, did'nt mean to step on any toes. I have deleted the thread.

:stupid:

Last edited:
No. Clue time: It was (and is) a French speaking regiment, and no, the Royal 22nd Regiment was not from Montreal.

No. Clue time: It was (and is) a French speaking regiment, and no, the Royal 22nd Regiment was not from Montreal.

Ok well how about Le Régiment de la Chaudière.

It was French speaking and certainly raised in Quebec and by all accounts was the only French speaking unit to take part in the D-Day landings although I am not 100% certain of that and according to what I have read remains in service today as a reserve unit.

Ok well how about Le Régiment de la Chaudière.

It was French speaking and certainly raised in Quebec and by all accounts was the only French speaking unit to take part in the D-Day landings although I am not 100% certain of that and according to what I have read remains in service today as a reserve unit.

The Régiment de la Chaudière still exists, but it is from Quebec City, not Montréal. Close but aucune cigare.

Dean.

The Régiment de la Chaudière still exists, but it is from Quebec City, not Montréal. Close but aucune cigare.

Dean.

Well I am a little stumped the only regiment from Montreal I can find that took part in the landings was 7th Recce Regiment, Royal Canadian Hussars.

I have no idea whether they were French speaking or not though but they still exist as a reserve armoured regiment.

No, the Hussars do exist, as I shared an armoury with them for quite a while. However, they are English-speaking. But the regiment that I am thinking about is also known as the F.M.R.

Back