WWII Quiz

General William Pelham Yarborough.Commander of the 2d Battalion,504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division.

Guess who this WW2 leader is

General William Pelham Yarborough.Commander of the 2d Battalion,504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division.

Sorry Missileer. That's not the answer I was looking for.

Cooler

The question is a little vague.

"CO of a US Airborne unit". When you say "airborne unit" that could anything from a squad to a entire Division.

It's not some squad of commandos or anything like that. It isn't a trick question. The unit I'm looking for is a battalion.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Maurice "Jumpin' Jim" Gavin born as James Nally Ryan

Gavin's regiment would be the first ever to make a regimental sized Airborne landing, so perhaps this is not the battalian sized group you are looking for?

How about.
Lieutenant Colonel Edson Duncan Raff of the 509th Parachute Infantry Battalion, first combat jump 8 November 1942 as part of operation Torch.

This should be fairly easy.

On what date during WW2 did Russia and France sign an alliance treaty?

Last edited:
Hehe ok I have modified the question although I am not sure I should need to as this a WW2 thread.

Here's a hint though: You are about 50 years off.

Okay i'll go ahead if you dont mind :smil:

Here goes:

Which Japanese army leader opposed the war against America? other than Yamamoto.
That army leader was once the military attache in Washington DC and travelled across the US before the war.

:camo:

Back