WWII Quiz

About WWII Quiz Page 59

International Military Forums > Military History Forums > World War 1 to World War 2 Forum
User Name
Password

March 27th, 2006   #581
Ted

So of you should see a doctor guys! This Miss Shilling business starts to become sick..... ANd how the hell am I ever supposed to get a question right? I just know the normal things, not minute facts known to twisted people!

--
March 27th, 2006   #582
Reiben

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat
16th March 1943

January 1945, though it was never an official title.
Correct, over to you

March 27th, 2006   #583
redcoat

This will probably annoy Ted even more (sorry Ted )

In WW2, a malfunctioning toilet led to the loss of a submarine.

Name the Sub, and explain how a faulty toilet lead to its loss.

If in doubt...... Panic!!!!!!!!

Last edited by redcoat; March 27th, 2006 at 21:46..

March 28th, 2006   #584
zander_0633

I am not sure about the name, But is it due to the suction of the toliet? Or the water in it over flow?

- Ready To Strike -

March 28th, 2006   #585
Ted

Christ Redcoat! How do you know this..... ? Or were you on the sub when it happened. But I'll start looking right away and see if I can find the answer.

March 28th, 2006   #586
Ted

Well I came up with the name: The German submarine U-120. But I haven't found yet why. One sec...... nope.... just that the toilet malfunctioned. I reckon that it started flooding the compartiments... say, the one -way exit malfunctioned and gallons of water poored in! (That last bit is my "knowledge" of submarines, but it would make sense don't you think?)

March 28th, 2006   #587
zander_0633

well, it definietly is! imagine all the stuff that flows in!hehe

March 28th, 2006   #588
Ted

Come on Redcoat..... don't leave me hanging there buddy!! I'll turn in now, and hope that you'll reply before I cranck up my computer at work. It will make my day if I am right..... The last time was on page 1 or 2 of this thread, so it has been a while!!!!

March 29th, 2006   #589
zander_0633

Well, it is a long time!

March 29th, 2006   #590
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Come on Redcoat..... don't leave me hanging there buddy!!
I'm sorry Ted.
U-120 is not the right answer.
U-120 was scuttled by her crew at the wars end.

ps. The number you posted is close to the right one, but I'm not saying in what way its close .