WWII. Battle of the Bulge.

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
Hello my friends.
I am wondering if there are any Battle of the Bulge Veterans here?
One of my Uncle's was a Sgt. in the Battle of the Bulge, one of the few to make it out alive with anyone else in here that may have been there.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm sorry about your loss Grimlin.
I wished I had a chance to chat with him to see if he knows my Uncle.
My Uncle usually goes to the get together's the troops from his unit put together, wherever they the meetings are.

My father's older brother was with the 101st at Bastogne. A rifleman, he was shot several times during the war. It affected him the rest of his life and he could never adapt to a world where there was any tomorrow. He lived each day as if it was the only one he'd ever see.

Obviously, this lead to a great deal of trouble for him. My father was constantly bailing him out of something. Eventually he disappeared. The last we heard of him was in the early 1970s when he had gone to Yugoslavia.

It is worth noting how this great conflict affected two brothers so differently.

My great uncle was in Battle of the bulge. I don't know which american groups he was with.

My great uncle was suposed to Be in the battle but a german sniper had shot of his arm. From what he told me, he said that he lost many friends. Many of his friends were killed by german artliry. The fox holes he said they build did not provide much cover because they sometimes used artilery that would explode over their head. I am very facinated with world war two history but of all the things i know i do not know much about Bastone. I would greatly apreaceiate it if you could take the time to tell me a few things about it. World war 2 is very vagly gone over in a 10th grade history class.

Back