WINNER OF WW2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadowalker said:
Stalin gave the USSR the worst possible start to the war for russia, he got rid of the decent officers, didnt believe russia would be attacked, but these problems have always been in the russian military, even in WW1

Stalin was paranoid. He killed all the officers and left russia with out leadership. My great-grandfather used to tell my grandfather about a general...he was 23 and had 3 stars. How was that possible?
He enlisted at 14 and was a sergeant at 15, captain at 16, colonel at 17, 2 star at the end of the war. and eventually recieved 3 stars by 23

When you realy look at the larger picture though it does look as though China, Japan, Germany and America won in the end.

Fortunately for the Allies, Stalin's purge, idiocy and micromanagement of the "Great Patriotc War" was not quite enough to sink the USSR. It almost was though ...

When you realy look at the larger picture though it does look as though China, Japan, Germany and America won in the end.
That's a pretty loaded statement so you better explain what you mean by it.

Look at those nations now.

EDven though germany may have lost the Battelt they won the war, They got tons of aid from Europe and was armed quite well thanks to the Alies and the Russians in the years which became known as the Cold War.

Japan today thanks to losing the battele and having an American in charge is now one of the richect and most technologicly advanced nations in the world, even making American tech look bad.

America....well America is America.

China- Sure they may have had the butts kicked, But today they aren't exactly one of the weakest nations. If China had not been so badly damaged in WW2 they probably wouldn't have had come under Commie Control and would not be what they are today.

No one actualy wins a war. A Nation cannot realy win a war they only way you can measure who won a war is how they do afterwords. All of the Nation involved in WW2 came out heavily damged and in debt after the war.

The problem is that no single country won the war, it was a partnership between many, but the dominant partner would be the US as they in dropping the atomic bombs finished the war altogether.

I think that by consensus we can say that it was the USSR and the US who won the war, with the UK and commonwealth being the main secondary partner.

Yes but I wouldn't give credit the the whole Commenwealth. Irq for example wanted to Join The Axis. I would say it would Be the USA,USSR, with The UK being a much distant second my the time it was all said and done. The UK couldn't move without asking the USA towards the end of the war.

Dameon said:
A Nation cannot realy win a war they only way you can measure who won a war is how they do afterwords. .
Does this mean the UK won the American War of Independence then :?
After all, after the AWI the British Empire grew both in size and power.

No, a nation can win a war, if at least some of its war aims at the start of the war are met.

In WW2 the Allies won, and the Axis lost

America realy didn't win the first AIW , the French Helped. The USA realy got thier Independance during the War of 1812

Dameon said:
America realy didn't win the first AIW , the French Helped. The USA realy got thier Independance during the War of 1812
No, the USA got its independence at the end of the AWI.
The War of 1812 had nothing to do with the USA's independence as such.

Dameon said:
Yes but I wouldn't give credit the the whole Commenwealth. Irq for example wanted to Join The Axis. .
While Iraq was a British mandate after WW1 until the mid 20's, it was never a member of the Commonwealth.
Though the British still retained a couple of military bases in Iraq at the start of WW2, Iraq itself was an independent country.

Yes I know they got thier Independance, But they realy didn't receieve it until the beat the British agian and showed they could last.

War of 1812 was to stop impressment by the british navy and to gain canada. The southerners wanted canada so new states could be created and settled by southerners and so they would have more seats in congress. The commonwealth supplied troops to africa, europe and the pacific, so they should get a mention especially as canadian troops were heavily involved in D-Day.

redcoat said:
Dameon said:
No, the USA got its independence at the end of the AWI.
The War of 1812 had nothing to do with the USA's independence as such.

I disagree when the AWI was over people saw it as france winning that war and not recognizing the US, but after the war of 1812 people looked at america with respect

And as for the winner of WW2.....
well i agree with whoever put switzerland and i would add the neutral countries as they did not lose major industries, they did not have people killed they gained skilled people who were running from the Nazis and they benefitted from the rebuilding of europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back