Wimmer and Morgan-McClure part ways, Todd Bodine in #4 at Talladega

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
#4-Morgan-McClure President, Larry McClure announced today the mutually agreed upon release of Scott Wimmer as their full-time driver for the remainder of the 2006 season. Wimmer and McClure have agreed to part ways now, allowing the team to possibly utilize some veteran experience to diagnose the existing cars as well as try some potential drivers for 2007. Wimmer remains available to assist the team at any of the remaining events for 2006. "We are sorry to lose Scott, but at the same time we all have to do what is best for each of us. He is one of the nicest young men I've had the opportunity to work with and we enjoyed having him with us this year and getting to know him and his family. I knew he was going to have to make a decision soon about his future in the sport and we wish him nothing but the best in his next endeavor," said McClure early Tuesday morning from his Abingdon, VA based facility. "We just decided to go different ways in '07. We were working real hard to put sponsorship together and get things going in the right direction and it just never seemed to materialize. I think we had a successful season, we ran real well at times, especially with losing our sponsor so early and having to go through all that. Unfortunately, we just couldn't find the consistency we needed and missed a few races. But I think we ran real good at other ones and definitely were building something. We just never could get decent funding or the sponsorship we needed, so we decided to go different ways in '07," said Wimmer of his departure. Wimmer continued, "I really enjoyed the time that I was there. I think that they are great car owners and great people and definitely deserve to have success in this sport like they used to. I wish them the best and hope they can find what they had back in the 90's and be successful like they were there."
There were several options McClure considered before naming Todd Bodine as the driver for the next two races. "Todd got in our car last year at Homestead and really went out and showed us what we were capable of, so he was a good choice for us. We are looking forward to getting to Talladega and working with Todd again."(Morgan-McClure PR)

Back