Will the battle tank become obsolete?

If you only you all knew the capabilities of modern armor, it would just blow your mind!

I'm currently in a crew train up for our BFIST, or the Bradley that my FIST (Fire Support Team) section will use. The upgraded systems really make the capability of these systems very impressive. Honestly, if I were to go against enemy tanks on the battlefield, I would much rather face them with some type of armored platform than without one. Some armor is better than none. With the modern lasing and fire control systems, mobility isn't the advantage it used to be. Seeing the enemy first is what's going to determine who lives and who doesn't. That is really what it boils down to.

If you only you all knew the capabilities of modern armor, it would just blow your mind!

I'm currently in a crew train up for our BFIST, or the Bradley that my FIST (Fire Support Team) section will use. The upgraded systems really make the capability of these systems very impressive. Honestly, if I were to go against enemy tanks on the battlefield, I would much rather face them with some type of armored platform than without one. Some armor is better than none. With the modern lasing and fire control systems, mobility isn't the advantage it used to be. Seeing the enemy first is what's going to determine who lives and who doesn't. That is really what it boils down to.

The kit available today is scary, just twenty years ago it would have been the stuff of science fiction. To be able to send a missile thousands of miles and put it through some ones front window is as I said, "Scary!"

The kit available today is scary, just twenty years ago it would have been the stuff of science fiction. To be able to send a missile thousands of miles and put it through some ones front window is as I said, "Scary!"

If only I could talk about some of the targeting capabilities we now have at our disposal...scary indeed.

If only I could talk about some of the targeting capabilities we now have at our disposal...scary indeed.
WHAT ARE you guys saying?????? you mean there is something better than this??

lawsig3.jpg

who woulda thunkit.

Why tank era will end? Tank is a good thing,It can prevent medium-caliber artillery shells and small bombs,incendiary. and prevent biological weapons, anti-chemical weapons. Also be able to resist the shock wave and ray radiation for some extent.

Believe me ,if outbreak a nuclear war unfortunately! Tank is your best friend save your life. I will jump into a tank and dirve it into Caves, tunnels at once.

Why tank era will end? Tank is a good thing,It can prevent medium-caliber artillery shells and small bombs,incendiary. and prevent biological weapons, anti-chemical weapons. Also be able to resist the shock wave and ray radiation for some extent.

Believe me ,if outbreak a nuclear war unfortunately! Tank is your best friend save your life. I will jump into a tank and dirve it into Caves, tunnels at once.
hmmmmmmmmmmm - a prelude perhaps?

Tanks have evolved a bunch since their introduction in 1916 on the western front of WWI. They have replaced the horse as the "cavalry arm" of the military's of the world. And they will keep evolving as the years and decades pass by. Modern MBTs have defenses against ATGM's thus securing their future.

I see Mobile Gun System's becoming part of armored forces in the near future. Over the past 100 years warfare has under gone more changes than it has in the 5,000 before that. The tank has been and will be useful in counter-insurgency, infantry support, mobile artillery and of course tank battles. Until you can replace it with something better or find something it can't counter the MBT will be here.

tanks or politics?

Why you fear Chavez and Venezuella so much?

The people in Venezuela want Chavez as its leader... They dont like the US domination of the world.

All of this is cool. Chavez did nationalise the oil compagnies to let the people profit from the wealth of their own soil... The US oil compagnies make less benefits, sure. But hey, they owe us anything...

It's their country, their oil... They do whatever they want with it.

I dont understand how you can hate Chavez...

Just curious what has this to do with battle tanks?

Back