WikiLeaks's Assange walks free on bail in London (Reuters) -


Read more about Reuters - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, fighting extradition to Sweden over alleged sex crimes, walked free on bail from a British jail on Thursday protesting his inn

Military Medals Store

  International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

 
December 17th, 2010   #1
News Manager
 

WikiLeaks's Assange walks free on bail in London (Reuters) info


Reuters - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, fighting extradition to Sweden over alleged sex crimes, walked free on bail from a British jail on Thursday protesting his innocence and pledging to continue exposing official secrets.




More...
 
-
December 17th, 2010   #2
Warwick
 
Amazed at some of his backers. Big names from across the spectrum are showing support for him.
Still, he has to get through the swedish court case yet.
 
December 17th, 2010   #3
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick
Amazed at some of his backers. Big names from across the spectrum are showing support for him.
Still, he has to get through the swedish court case yet.
You do realise of course that a month after the main "stinko", no one has as yet found him guilty of having broken any law? Even the Swedish case is on the nose with Swedish prosecutors admitting that it was actually non consensual sex, rather than rape, because his accuser states that he had sex with her whilst she was,.... asleep, whaaa??? He must be some sort of hypnotist.



The question is now being raised in view of the circumstances that the whole thing may be being backed by the CIA as his accuser has previous links to them. Source: http://www.disclose.tv/forum/assange...ve-t37954.html


"I am totally responsible for what I write,... however I cannot be held responsible for your complete inability to understand"


Last edited by senojekips; December 17th, 2010 at 08:42..
 
December 17th, 2010   #4
A Can of Man
 
 
Hell hath no fury like a Superpower humiliated.

By allowing the leak of just about everything he got, he crossed the line. If he had leaked only cases of wrong doing or illegal activity I think most people, including myself, would have accepted what he did.
 
December 17th, 2010   #5
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Can of Man
Hell hath no fury like a Superpower humiliated.

By allowing the leak of just about everything he got, he crossed the line. If he had leaked only cases of wrong doing or illegal activity I think most people, including myself, would have accepted what he did.
That is the whole point,... he has not judged or sorted the material in any way, nor, as someone here suggested, only published that which puts the US in a bad light. He has thrown it all on the table to let people make up their own minds as to what is actually going on.

Tonight on the ABC National News here in Australia, it was stated that the Prime minister was informed much to her displeasure, that he has broken no existing Australian Law.
 
December 17th, 2010   #6
A Can of Man
 
 
Yeah, he hasn't. But after pulling off what he did he's going to be under the microscope for a long time. That could be punishment enough on its own. He'll be outside the prison walls but his life will be a jail sentence.

This Manning character on the other hand...
The truth is, HE is the main villain.
 
December 17th, 2010   #7
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Can of Man
Yeah, he hasn't. But after pulling off what he did he's going to be under the microscope for a long time. That could be punishment enough on its own. He'll be outside the prison walls but his life will be a jail sentence.

This Manning character on the other hand...
The truth is, HE is the main villain.
Yep, but he is too insignificant to attract much attention. He'll just disappear into some Federal penitentiary for 30 years and just be swallowed up. The people in power know that they will never stop misfits like Manning, but what they do want to do is try and put the fear of god into intelligent thinking men like Assange.
 
December 17th, 2010   #8
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Yep, but he is too insignificant to attract much attention. He'll just disappear into some Federal penitentiary for 30 years and just be swallowed up. The people in power know that they will never stop misfits like Manning, but what they do want to do is try and put the fear of god into intelligent thinking men like Assange.
That wont work either. There will always be anarchists like Assange who are willing to throw molotovs into a forest just in order to watch it burn, Consequences be damned.


"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch

I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.
 
December 17th, 2010   #9
GHR
 
 
I can understand those who believe WikiLeaks is a threat to the safety of our troops and the conduct of our diplomatic goals. Some material is classified for a reason. But we must realize that there is not much we can do to stop WikiLeaks.

So instead of our governments are trying to stop WikiLeaks, maybe what they should do is wake up to reality and realize that we now live in a world where the Internet finally makes government more transparent.
 
December 17th, 2010   #10
A Can of Man
 
 
Yeah I think Assagne really is about societal hate rather than anything else. His own "rage against the machine" if you will.
I think he started off honest enough but he let his success get to his head and now he's using his new found power to just piss on everyone.
 



Tags
assange, bail, free, protesting, thursday

Similar Topics
UK court backs decision to bail WikiLeaks' Assange (Reuters)
WikiLeaks' Assange bail appeal to be heard Thursday (Reuters)
Assange back in jail as Sweden appeals bail (Reuters)
WikiLeaks's founder Assange seeks bail in UK court (Reuters)
Lawyer for WikiLeaks's Assange denies warrant valid (Reuters)

MilitaryClothing.com