Why We're Fighting in Iraq - Page 6

Read more about Why We're Fighting in Iraq December 6, 2005 | WILLIAM TUCKER PRESIDENT BUSH'S war critics have made a remarkable discovery - some people in Iraq want us to leave! "T

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

January 4th, 2006   #51
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwarrior
Not very good at the geopolitics are you IG?
What does this have to do with the post by IG? Are you sure this is the word you were searching for?

ge·o·pol·i·tics
  1. The study of the relationship among politics and geography, demography, and economics, especially with respect to the foreign policy of a nation.
    1. <LI type=a>A governmental policy employing geopolitics.
    2. A Nazi doctrine holding that the geographic, economic, and political needs of Germany justified its invasion and seizure of other lands.
  2. A combination of geographic and political factors relating to or influencing a nation or region.

“War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.”
—John Stuart Mill

-
January 4th, 2006   #52
godofthunder9010

Welchwarrior, you really ought to come clean and state the obvious truth: You are extremely prejudiced against George W Bush and you will inevitably say he is wrong/lied/is corrupt/whatever, in all situations that the opportunity arises. To sum up, you share the typical anti-Republican US President bias that most of Europe has, and they especially hate George W, probably more than any Republican President before him.

My dad, a History Professor, had a student this past Semester who was deeply involved in the Intelligence on Iraqi WMD's. The interesting thing is that, according to this gentleman's research, Saddam was quietly paying loads and loads of money to his weapons development experts to work on WMD's of all sorts. Because he was having to keep everyone in the world from seeing this, Saddam and his regime didn't have anyone monitering those people's work. They gave him regular updates, stating all about how they were making good progress and such. They made up details and success stories. They were also lying to Saddam the entire time, and just pocketing his money. For this reason, everyone including Saddam Hussein were 100% convinced that Iraq was developing and had WMD's. Essentially, everyone in Iraq who was asked by intelligence opperatives would have said, "No, I don't have any WMD's where I'm stationed, but I am 100% certain that _______ has them!" Everyone was sure that there were there including the Iraqis, and sadly enough, they were all the victims of a very big lie. And it never came to light until after the invasion because Saddam had the international community breathing down his neck. I just love that he got suckered!!

I will get everyone the source on this as soon as I have it.

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we should grow too fond of it."
- General Robert E. Lee
Warning, critical pebkac error in the iD10t!! pebkac\wtflolurpwnzd\snafuroflmao.exe called iD10t, iD10t failed to respond!! System in danger!!

"It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man." -Chevy Chase

January 5th, 2006   #53
Forrest_Gump

So, has anyone actually read the material? Or are some of you folks just parroting what you heard last? Here is some of the material:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea.../20020912.html

Sarin and Mustard gas found:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

Bad Guys still at it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081300530.html

Have the huge stockpiles of agents, or a nuke been found? No. Did Bush lie about the WMD's to gain support? I highly doubt it, GW got stuffed by bad intel, just like the UN and everyone else. We went to war with Iraq for many reasons beyond WMD's, unfortunately most of the people of the "free world", frankly have the attention span of a gnat, and have given up any kind of personal thought. WMD's were "sexy" so that's what was placed at the forefront, and Bush II got burned.

Personally, I wish the US didn't have to take this journey alone, oops misspoke, The US, Britain, and around 30 other nations. Though I did find it kinda funny that those nations that screamed "Imperialist America" and "Illegal War" before the war. were also were the nations that lost Billions of dollars in secret deals with Saddam.

The world is a big, scary place. Nothing is as clear as it seems when you really look at it. Its all about agenda's and money. Wake up, look around, and try to think for yourself. Iraq isn't the only war going on. Afganistan isn't the only "other" war. History is being played out, and being made. The people in the world had better wake up, and start asking why, and decide what side they are on based on their own research. Otherwise they and their nations will get plowed under by events.

Nothing happens in a vacuum. Quit repeating what you heard, and start thinking.

January 5th, 2006   #54
zander_0633

From wad the news said, There are no WMD in IRAQ. And now Mr Bush is trying to gain support for the cause in Iraq.

- Ready To Strike -

January 5th, 2006   #55
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander_0633
From wad the news said, There are no WMD in IRAQ. And now Mr Bush is trying to gain support for the cause in Iraq.
By the time Afghanistan was taken and stabilized, Iraq had plenty of time to hide anything before we went into Iraq. If you were in the same position would you err on the side of caution or take the word of a murderous lying dictator?

January 5th, 2006   #56
Forrest_Gump

zander,

January 5th, 2006   #57
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest_Gump
So, has anyone actually read the material? Or are some of you folks just parroting what you heard last? Here is some of the material:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea.../20020912.html

Sarin and Mustard gas found:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

Bad Guys still at it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081300530.html

Have the huge stockpiles of agents, or a nuke been found? No. Did Bush lie about the WMD's to gain support? I highly doubt it, GW got stuffed by bad intel, just like the UN and everyone else. We went to war with Iraq for many reasons beyond WMD's, unfortunately most of the people of the "free world", frankly have the attention span of a gnat, and have given up any kind of personal thought. WMD's were "sexy" so that's what was placed at the forefront, and Bush II got burned.

Personally, I wish the US didn't have to take this journey alone, oops misspoke, The US, Britain, and around 30 other nations. Though I did find it kinda funny that those nations that screamed "Imperialist America" and "Illegal War" before the war. were also were the nations that lost Billions of dollars in secret deals with Saddam.

The world is a big, scary place. Nothing is as clear as it seems when you really look at it. Its all about agenda's and money. Wake up, look around, and try to think for yourself. Iraq isn't the only war going on. Afganistan isn't the only "other" war. History is being played out, and being made. The people in the world had better wake up, and start asking why, and decide what side they are on based on their own research. Otherwise they and their nations will get plowed under by events.

Nothing happens in a vacuum. Quit repeating what you heard, and start thinking.
True. History is being made. What people forget is that without liberating Iraq and invading Afganistan we might all be dead from a Nuclear strike or Bio attack.

Have you heard about Sheron?

January 5th, 2006   #58
Forrest_Gump

Arik and I go way back...just kidding. What specifically are you asking about?

January 5th, 2006   #59
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwarrior
Not very good at the geopolitics are you IG?
I got my PhD on International and Diplomatic Sciences two weeks ago with very high marks, sir. I think I know what I'm talking about, and I wasn't talking about geopolitics.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it".
Pericles.

January 5th, 2006   #60
Forrest_Gump

IG,

Or should I say Dr. Italian Guy. Very impressive for a man of your age.

Congratulations.

Tags
hussein, iraq, people, shiites, sunni

MilitaryClothing.com