why the constant suppressive fire? when one can scope, target and shoot..correct me

Greg1234

So as day has pass by i have choice to enter the Marine Corps because of the honor and hell roads i can benefit from.So i ain't judging any footage's of are great soldier. Just asking question, so as my question go:
Why the constant suppressive fire? when few of the troop can scope the enemy, target and properly shoot to eliminate the insurgents?.
Why is everyone is in constant suppressive fire?
correct me Grunt

I know the benefits of suppressive fire but i have heard a lot about calling
battle jets to finish the job.

FUNKER530:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2SWWDt8Wg"]FIREFIGHT ON HELMET CAM IN AFGHANISTAN - PART 1 | FUNKER530 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZYvCUSusQI"]MK-19 AUTOMATIC GRENADE LAUNCHER FIREFIGHT - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
"covering fire" to decrease the enemy's ability to return fire.
is it nonsensical to let some of the troops suppress fire and others to scope and shoot the insurgent?.
Is it someone else duty to annihilate the enemy with a precise targeting can a grunt in a MK-19 uses a scoop to have a precision fire instead of just firing where the sound of the bullet comes from?

because most footage's i seen in funker530 don't shoot like their told to.
I understand is not the same situation.

so i ask
Is that the Scout Snipers duty? is it a specific order?
idk educate me, i'm questioning.

Rifleman's Creed
My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

Last edited:
Sigh...if they could see the enemy then the enemy would be dead. One RARELY sees the enemy in a firefight.

Suppressive fire isn't just to keep the enemy from returning effective fire. It is also to keep the enemy pinned so you can maneuver to a more advantageous position. It is also to gain fire superiority, meaning your side is putting out more lead than the enemy. All this could be so you can get supporting arms onto the bad guys like arty or air...or it could be so another element can flank, envelope, or close with the bad guys.

To the untrained eye, it may look like they are spraying fire....to the trained eye/ear, they are talking machine guns in a constant stream of fire, just like they are trained to.

Sigh...if they could see the enemy then the enemy would be dead. One RARELY sees the enemy in a firefight.

Suppressive fire isn't just to keep the enemy from returning effective fire. It is also to keep the enemy pinned so you can maneuver to a more advantageous position. It is also to gain fire superiority, meaning your side is putting out more lead than the enemy. All this could be so you can get supporting arms onto the bad guys like arty or air...or it could be so another element can flank, envelope, or close with the bad guys.

To the untrained eye, it may look like they are spraying fire....to the trained eye/ear, they are talking machine guns in a constant stream of fire, just like they are trained to.

Sigh??? sign of such smugness lol...... F#ck it..Thanks for the correction anyway.

Last edited:
The impression I have gotten off of you since you have joined this forum is that of a cocky know-it-all. If you plan on serving in the military, that attitude is going to be corrected sooner or later. Better sooner than later.

Demanding aswers is quite smug as well. You will see that the answers you recieve are in line with how you ask them. Most of us in here are currently or previously serving military. Many of us have been in combat. Some of us have been in combat on numerous occassions. A little respect would go a long way.

The impression I have gotten off of you since you have joined this forum is that of a cocky know-it-all. If you plan on serving in the military, that attitude is going to be corrected sooner or later. Better sooner than later.

Demanding aswers is quite smug as well. You will see that the answers you recieve are in line with how you ask them. Most of us in here are currently or previously serving military. Many of us have been in combat. Some of us have been in combat on numerous occassions. A little respect would go a long way.

Per the norm, brinktk, he can fix it himself or we can fix it for him. Like everyone else, he'll either be well disciplined or the most physically fit soldier in the Army. His choice.

No matter where i served i obey, respect and i don't back answer, i know my priorities.
But i ain't yet in the military, so courtesy.
I apologies to say,i pick my respect regardless of what age and achievement. You don't earn it through pompousness.
Gears and kills like some gangster up in the street out taking territories, so you all can also make a differences on character.
Asking question is a sing of cocky know-it-all?.
Last time i checked that wasn't the definition for question and i never demand any answers.
I asked a question and i got a disdain respond.
But thanks for the response.

Greg1234, do yourself a huge favor. Get enlisted ASAP. Don't question it, don't procrastinate, just do it.

You have so much to learn, as a kid, I see nothing but good for you.

"Correct me grunt" sounds pretty forceful to me.

Saying you understand something when you clearly don't is kinda stupid don't you think.

The "sigh" from me was that there are literally dozens of ****teen year olds that come in here asking really dumb questions when a simple search either on google or on here would have given them the answer they needed. You are asking us because you are lazy and don't care to exhaust just a few minutes online doing a little research.

Think what you want. If you join the military, and especially the grunts....you will quickly learn that there are many MANY others that not only outrank you, but have even less tolerance for stupid questions, and are themselves pretty fvckin dangerous. You should learn early and often to just answer "no excuse SGT/sir" , shut the hell up, and listen very closely. But don't take my word for it...

"Correct me grunt" sounds pretty forceful to me.

Saying you understand something when you clearly don't is kinda stupid don't you think.

The "sigh" from me was that there are literally dozens of ****teen year olds that come in here asking really dumb questions when a simple search either on google or on here would have given them the answer they needed. You are asking us because you are lazy and don't care to exhaust just a few minutes online doing a little research.

Think what you want. If you join the military, and especially the grunts....you will quickly learn that there are many MANY others that not only outrank you, but have even less tolerance for stupid questions, and are themselves pretty fvckin dangerous. You should learn early and often to just answer "no excuse SGT/sir" , shut the hell up, and listen very closely. But don't take my word for it...

Don't get your panties in a bunch,you're not bound to my ****ing question.
Hey smart ass for a reason i was asking my dumb ****ing question in a ****ing website lol, awesome machine right cu#cheese.
Correct me grunt" sounds pretty forceful to me...
What is it the word Grunt?. I thought that words sound great but i'll call you pit bull princess lol
George Carlin -blow it out of your ass cyber tough guys lol
gay-marines-kissing_gi.jpeg

Dangerous? no!...heroic? yeah!...
SGS are paid to behave like a prick i know how it works, i fear no fight "bark,bark,bark!".
I seen the people that have join ha!

There are many MANY others that not only outrank you, but have even less tolerance for stupid questions..
yeah i seen does in the ghetto too.now tell me something new.

You are asking us because you are lazy and don't care to exhaust just a few minutes online doing a little research.

if i didn't care why did i start a ****ing threat to chat about it r#tard.

You're not your gear, without it your still just a another c#nt walking in the street. As much as i know many that can snap your neck clown lol

Last edited:
You just confirmed every suspicion I had. I surely hope you join. Your attitude WILL change, or you simply won't make it. In the meantime, Merry Christmas...

If you´re lucky, you´ll get CT as your DS and then later brinktk as your Company Commander.

They are really nice guys. ;)

Aw c'mon, Kesse. I'm cute and cuddly and sweet and innocent! I'm like warm peach cobbler. Warm and gooey and wonderful. Hehehehehe

Have an idea that you are the DS type who eat concertina wire and piss napalm and can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters.:p

Have an idea that you are the DS type who eat concertina wire and piss napalm and can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters.:p

I resent that! I PREFER to eat explosives and pissing out napalm would hurt! And no, I wouldn't put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters. Because generally the round I would fire would be a bit larger! "crazytanker" isn't just a name! And before that I was a Sapper, so I mean, I'm pretty sure I would just blow the flea (and the ticks and mice and everything else) up!

Back