when i go to my recruiter...? -

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

June 4th, 2009   #1
kwdkool

when i go to my recruiter...? info

ok so i have smoked marijuana recently and have ABSOLUTELY no intentions of continuing to smoke anymore. my question is should i wait until i am clean before i go in to talk to recruiters or just go ahead and tell them the situation. i am going to a marine and navy recruiter if that makes a difference. i really dont want to screw this up. any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

--
June 4th, 2009   #2
Mikefrombelgium

here is a tip for you: dont do drugs, there bad for you and then you dont get **** like this.

June 4th, 2009   #3
kwdkool

and heres a tip for you: why dont you read what i just typed and give some helpful advice instead of criticizing people. it doesnt get you or me anywhere.

June 4th, 2009   #4
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwdkool
and heres a tip for you: why dont you read what i just typed and give some helpful advice instead of criticizing people. it doesnt get you or me anywhere.
Stand Down!

Don't smoke dope.

Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !

June 4th, 2009   #5
kwdkool

see, your an "admin" or whatever you want to call yourself and your doing the same thing. your missing the point here. im not smoking dope anymore because i know its bad and am trying to turn my life around. i would just like some advice as to whether i should explain to my recruiter that im not clean right now and maybe he can work with me, or just wait to talk to them when i am clean. i would still greatly appreciate any helpful advice though and i do respect what you guys are saying to me it just isnt helpful. thanks

June 4th, 2009   #6
noobkins

Officially you can not join if you have done illegal drugs.
To answer your question, they are not going to drug test you; at least they did not to me, but if you look like a druggy who knows.

But they will ask you, "When was the last time you smoked pot?"

Oh and they are not criticizing you, just offering advice
here's mine: it was stupid to use marijuana..you just closed quite a few possibilities/opportunities that you could have had.

EDIT:
They may have allowed it in the past with waivers or let it fly, but the navy is currently at 170% capacity, not sure about marines, but they don't need people who do drugs.

Last edited by noobkins; June 4th, 2009 at 22:58..

June 6th, 2009   #7
Mikefrombelgium

indeed, i am not critizing you. most employers will not accept you if they know you have a history of drug abuse and a lot of them take drug tests + its bad for you overall. so my point still stands : dont do drugs.

June 8th, 2009   #8
Spartacus

LAUGHING HYSTERICALY!!!

My CSM would LOVE to talk to you. He will call you a terrorist.

Get clean, sign up, stay clean. Or dont and bear the consequences, your choice.

Qui tacet consentire.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
Nec Aspera Terrent.
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

June 10th, 2009   #9
kwdkool

haha well i can assure you i am no terrorist. but thank you! that is the most helpful advice i have received thus far.

June 11th, 2009   #10
AZ_Infantry

You're going to need some sobriety under your belt before any recruiter will touch you, bro. I'm a recovering alcoholic, so I do not judge that you toked a few here and there. But the recruiter WILL.

Usually, they want at LEAST 2 years clean. That may have changed, or it may not have, and it is probably different with every branch. But if I were you, I would call them and ask them - they won't know who you are if you don't offer it.

"Hi, my name is kwdkool, and I am interested in signing up. However, I have recently smoked marijuana and wanted to speak with you about the military policy of enlistment given my circumstances..."

Honesty is your best friend right now, as fraudulent enlistment is NOT a road you want to trek down.

Give yourself some clean time, call them, divulge no information other than what you MUST provide (first name, etc) and learn what they want. Since the needs of the military are constantly changing, so too do the requirements to enlist. Only a recruiter can tell you honestly where you stand.

Thank you for wanting to serve, and my best wishes to you, sir. Stay clean, and keep on keepin' on. You'll get there if you want to.

Tags
difference, makes, marine, navy, recruiter