What's your opinion on Tony Blair?

What do you think of Tony Blair?

• He should be impeached for High Crimes and Misdemeanours in relation to the invasion of Iraq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He is a great leader, the best man for the job.

• He just sucks up to Bush.

• Most people in the U.K. believe Blair lied about the war

• He's the U.S.'s best friend but he is no friend to the people of the U.K.

• I don't care about Blair at all.

• Total voters

DTop

After reading about Tony Blair on the web, I'm curious as to what people on these forums think about him. Cast your vote and state your opinion. Just keep it civil :)

wait for this

Tony Blair did the wrong thing allowing bush to advance this far. Blair could of at least changed alittle to what has happened.

I believe along with alot of people esp ones serving in UK that blair is kissing the derri!!!! He has done nothing good for the UK since Gulf started, he has stuck quiet to try and build a power with the USA (no offense), he has been as bad as bush if not worse for disregarding his own countries safety. He should of left our troops out of Iraq when they pulled back last year and not sent in Black watch. As for this Blair has to face those families that have been ruined by this mistake.

One thing is for sure Blair will not be voted back into priminister.

This is not the 1st time he has not done things how he should of done. I mean when the fire fighters were on strike Blair could of sorted this out yet it went on for near enough a year, that the armed forces had to do their own jobs plus cover for the fire fighters, so where was our payment? We start off on a small 13.5k a year.............fire brigade start off on 21k a year and working it out only work 6 months a year and most of them ave 2nd jobs. Yet the military can be taken away from home for months and years not have contact with family, spend time away fighting or working our behinds off. So did blair do anything to solve this quick? NO

I say Blair you have mucked up big time with the gulf.....................YOUR outta here

LOL

Anyway thats just my thoughts lol

And you get that from where?

Tony if anything will not be re elected any 1 in UK will tell you this. He is being turned against slowly by alot of people now.

He may of thought in begining he was doing good but its a diff story now. He has run as priminister for the last 10yrs some one else needs to run, fresh blood

I just found this, doesn't sound like a pro- Blair source:

War Criminal To Win UK Elections In 2005

War criminal and New Labour leader Tony Blair seems certain to win a third term in power at the General Election due to be held in May 2005.

When Blair wins he should send a big bouquet to Robert Kilroy-Silk. No one will have done more to help Blair than the former Labour MP and current UKIP MEP.

Kilroy-Silk wants to be made leader of UKIP. I believe his well publicised demands have weakened the party. The consequences will have a far reaching effect on British politics.

Until UKIP was fractured, the Tories were taking the anti-EU party very seriously indeed. Howard and his chums knew that they had lost a great many votes to UKIP in last summer's European elections. And they knew that if they were not to lose votes and seats to UKIP in the 2005 general election they would have to move onto UKIP's ground - and adopt a tougher line towards Europe.

Now that UKIP is weakened the Tories don't have to worry so much. They will probably believe that the UKIP threat is much slighter than it was before Kilroy-Silk started stamping his feet and holding his breath.

How does this help Blair?

Simple.

Apart from the usual domestic issues (the economy and the NHS) there are two big political issues in British politics: the illegal invasion of Iraq and the EU.

Because the Tories made the massive mistake of supporting Blair's illegal war, Michael Howard and company are now limited in how much they can criticise Blair (though they could be much tougher than they have been - particularly over the missing weapons of mass destruction).

That just leaves the European Union.

If Michael Howard and the Tories had adopted a tough anti-EU policy before the next general election they would have probably won the popular vote. They would have been the only major party to be opposed to the EU. The Tories would, for the first time in years, have had a noticeably different manifesto to the two other big parties. The Tories would have attracted a massive popular vote and they would have probably won.

Now, I fear that the Tories will slide back into a middle-of-the-road position: slightly critical of some aspects of the EU but unwilling to upset hardline Europhiles by demanding a complete withdrawal from the EU.

Millions of disillusioned voters (for whom the EU is a far bigger factor than most politicians realise) will vote by staying at home. The turn out in the 2005 general election will be the lowest for years. The result will be that the election will be decided by the millions of voters who are financially dependent upon the Government. Blair will get very few votes from tax payers in real jobs but he will get vast numbers of votes from the unemployed, from the millions relying on long term benefits and welfare and from the millions who now have jobs putting up speed cameras, promoting political correctness and encouraging people to eat more broccoli.

Just as American voters have put their war criminal back into the White House so British voters will put our war criminal back into Number Ten.

If British voters put the war criminal back into Number Ten it will be Britain's greatest disgrace; the saddest day in our nation's history.

Copyright Vernon Coleman 2004

he is right

laire has made th biggest mistake following bush in the last 2 yrs...........he has forgotten what our people really need and i think he is consumed by greed. Esp look at south east asia........did blaire come home and cut his holiday short to help solve a world problem?? No he stayed and enjoyed him self while people in UK slogged to get things together..............if a leader of a country can't be asked with something like this yet he'll jump on all 4's for a war thats not necessary...........whats that got to say about him??

Re: ??

Anya1982 said:
If blaire gets in which i doubt it................i'll eat a 5 cans of cat food!!

Just post the pictures if it happens - OK? :lol:

if ya want lol

If i ain't died..........but seriously don't believe the media half the time as it is suited to what the gov and parliment say..............

You wanna know the real truth watch the tv over here and not look at google

Interesting to find yet another Brit who just hates Blair for "fill in the reason here" - and yet anyone who follows British politics knows that Blair's party will win again this year - and he is still the leader of that party, is he not?

Or tell us Anya - will the Tories win the next General Election - how? They were for the war as well as you know.
Will the Lib Dems? They have yet to crack 10%

Will the Tories and Lib Dems form a goverment - not bleeding likely eh

So its Blair then

As for what you are choosing to flog him for - it seems very unfair to me

Yes he agreed with Bush about the need for a new policy after 9-11, a policy that moved for regime change and democratization in the ME

You disagree with this policy it seems - I'd like to know what you suggest we should be doing to prevent the next 9-11 - either in the US or in Europe

As for the Tsunami - so what he didn't drop everything and jet back to the UK to get on the BBC with puffy eyes and let us all know he was on top of things

This whole issue is so absurd now - Bush didn't get on TV in time, Blair didn't ( Kofi Annan continued skiing for 3 days too :roll: ) - so what

Do people really think that these men actually do everything themselves or what

That all of them can't dispatch orders from anywhere

I suppose I should be used to UK politics anyway - it seems leaders are only there to be kicked around
For a country that bounced Churchill right after he led the country through its Finest Hour

[quote="Anya"
If i ain't died..........but seriously don't believe the media half the time as it is suited to what the gov and parliment say..............

You wanna know the real truth watch the tv over here and not look at google [/quote]

What does that mean? Watch the BBC to get the "truth" - the same BBC that sexed up its coverage of the Iraq issue to blame Blair for everything

The same BBC that had 2 execs and a reporter fired for this activity

The BBC makes CBS look right wing

Mod Edit: Do not post back to back.

Theres nothing wrong with Blair

I'd rather have a PM who would go to war to save this and other countries forom terrorists...than some pussy who thinks world peace is here and wont send the army anywhere for anything less than a nuke in london

Blair's talks the talk...but he walks the walk as well

and I'd rather be closer allies with US than EU pussies and hypocrites

pogue you wanna "battle it out" and look the bestyou do it in private and not here, i didn't bash you so back the hell away from me.

Beardo hun when you have been through all the rubbish blaire put us (military) through on the fire strikes then nearly let it happen whilst out in gulf again, then your under stand.

I never said USA was lying on news, pogue thats you putting words into my mouth an making up what you want. I never said blaire shouldn't of done the terroist anti thing for 9/11.........next time you wanna take a pop to look good do it in private.

And i never said that blaire should come home early to go on tv. GET your facts straight and winde your neck in before you start looking foolish

Thank God there are men like Blair who was the right man at the right time. I put him right up there with Margaret Thatcher, maybe just a little bit under her.

Back