Whats your favorite War or Peace related Item of scripture? -

Read more about Hey Guys... Everyone has a favorite item of scripture that deals with war or peace...right? (Well, maybee... ) Lets see what you got. Can be from any type of scripture...

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

April 2nd, 2004   #1
Mark Conley

Whats your favorite War or Peace related Item of scripture? info

Hey Guys...

Everyone has a favorite item of scripture that deals with war or peace...right? (Well, maybee... )

Lets see what you got. Can be from any type of scripture...take your pick!

My favorite one for war is..Psalm 144; V1 Blessed be God my Rock, who traineth my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; 2 My loving kindness, and my fortress, my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and He in whom I take refuge; who subdueth my people under me.

My Favorite for peace is; They shall make their swords into plowshares and study war no more...

Heres to the plows....

“If we should have to fight, we should be prepared to do so from the neck up instead of from the neck down.”— General James H. Doolittle, USAAF

-
April 2nd, 2004   #2
Redneck

Shall your brethren go to war, and shall ye sit here? Numbers 32:6

No boom, no boom, no boom, Amen.

April 2nd, 2004   #3
Darkmb101

just a little joke from a cartoon.

"'Thou shall not kill.' remember! What kind of priest are u?"

on a permanent vacation....will visit every now and then. see arcade
hidden message!!! Life is short and pointless, be happy and live it.

April 2nd, 2004   #4
Redleg

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children (sons) of God.
- Matthew 5:9

I don't have a favorite, but I saw this one a lot when I worked with the UN abroad. (Lebanon and Macedonia)
UN soldiers are called PeaceKeepers, so "Blessed are the PeaceKeepers...." was/is also used..

October 1st, 2004   #5
bonnieblue716

Man it is really sad that there isn't more replies to this topic. Anyway a few of my favorites are:
let's see anything from psalm 109 is really good. There are also a lot of good things in psalm 119, like Your command makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is always with me. (119:98) You are my shelter and my shield; I put my hope in your word. (119:114) Defend my cause, and redeem me, give me life as you have promised. (119:154) Lord God, my strong Savior, you shield my head on the day of battle. (140:7)
The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are protected. (proverbs 18:10)
Ecclesiates chapter three verses one through eight are good. Those are the time for everything verses.

I love what I have nicknamed the "liberty verses", verses that show how the Lord wants mankind to live free from tyranny and oppression.
Isaiah 61: 1-3
Luke 4:18-19 The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed Me, to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim freedom to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free the oppressed and to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which
Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled
again with a yoke of bondage.

These next two are also classics.

Matthew 20:28 "Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life- a ransom for many."
John 15:12-13 My command to you is this, love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

There are so many more I could add, but these are enough for right now.

Let me win, but if I can not win, let me be brave in the attempt.
Pledge of the althletes of the Special Olympics

Airborne - All the Way! HOOAH

October 8th, 2004   #6
dyingsoldier

President Eisenhower's Speech To his troops before D-Day

You can never invade the US mainland, because there will be a rifle behind ever blade of grass-Japanese General

October 8th, 2004   #7
Cadet_Shelton

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Matthew 16:26

\"People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.\" -Orson Wells

October 8th, 2004   #8
RnderSafe

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee." Joshua 1:9

Various wordings in different bibles, but the meaning of the verse stays the same .. even though I'm Catholic, I find the King James Version has the most eloquent wording for this particular verse.

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? Who will
go for us?" "Here I am," I said; "send me!" Isaiah 6:8

October 15th, 2004   #9
Locke

Psalm 23:4 - Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

the "blessed are the peacemakers one is awesome

October 17th, 2004   #10
Redneck

Every purpose is established by counsel, and with good advice make war. -Proverbs 20:19

Tags
favorite, item, peace, scripture, war

MilitaryClothing.com