What would the world be like if Germany won World War II?

Something to the effect of his Uncle's son son, I iknow this cause last year they tracked him down and offered to give him the My Struggle Royalities but he deneid them. I think it was like a couple ten million worth of royalies too.

battery said:
Maybe the world would have been a better place... Germany got it's foothold in controlling the people, after maybe 20-30 years it would settle down... Maybe after 50 no would care anymore... And after Hitler, about 50 more years down the road, no one would realize countries like the U.S.S.R existed... Perhaps Nirvana? :roll:
NO, what hitler promised germans would have definitely lasted
he touched them emotionally like no other leader in world history
he promised them a thousand year riech and there would be one if hitler
saved the USSR and the US for last so he could have gathered enough
strenght to fight them

Peterminator said:
battery said:
Maybe the world would have been a better place... Germany got it's foothold in controlling the people, after maybe 20-30 years it would settle down... Maybe after 50 no would care anymore... And after Hitler, about 50 more years down the road, no one would realize countries like the U.S.S.R existed... Perhaps Nirvana? :roll:
NO, what hitler promised germans would have definitely lasted
he touched them emotionally like no other leader in world history
he promised them a thousand year riech and there would be one if hitler
saved the USSR and the US for last so he could have gathered enough
strenght to fight them

I agree.

hey at least the beer would be good, though no fun to go with it would have sucked. By the way what does Sprechte de deutsch mean?

Topgunjn1 said:
By the way what does Sprechte de deutsch mean?

Maybe he means "Sprichst du Deutsch?" (Do you speak German?)
or "Ich spreche Deutsch" (I speak German)

But "Sprechte de deutsch" is for sure not German

Young Winston said:
I read a book called "Fatherland" a while back (can't remember the author) but it took an interesting spin on the subject.

It was made into a very entertaining HBO(?) film. I saw it and recommend it to history buffs.

its hard to say what the world would be like if the Nazi's ruled. To be honest other than the killing of the jews and that kind of stuff it probably wouldnt be that bad.

NO I'M NOT A NAZI WORSHIPER. IT'S JUST WHAT I THINK.

If German controlled USA in 1947. My dad could become war machine soldiers. About 40 years later 1987, I could become war machine soldier just like my dad. That's my opiotion.

The Nazi were the lowest levels of scum. But hell, they did something right. And that was killing communists. Also they had pretty uniforms.

I think that Germany wouln't of won the war period. Sure it would of lasted longer if the USA didn't get into the battle. But sooner or later, Germany would've stepped on the toes of the USA and pissed her off. And a nation of angry Americans isn't something prettty.

Shadowalker said:
German language
Good beer
Efficent workforce
look Miserable
All support michael schumacher
No jews
No USSR
Statues of Hitler everywhere
etc.

Not a very good world (apart from the beer)

There's nothing wrong with the efficient workforce and no USSR, and I'm sure everyone could get used to speaking German after a while.

No Offense but not one of you knows what you are talking about.

You really want to know what it would be like? PM your questions and I'll show them to my Grandmother or Great Uncle.

Here's a personal ancedote: My greatuncle worked at a small printing press in Paris. One day as he was doing errands for about 1/2 hour he came back and the office was empty. The neighbors said while he was gone the Gastapo paid a visit. They had come to arrest the chief editor (who was in the resistence, as was my greatuncle). The Gastapo would up arresting everybody there. None of them was ever seen again.

There was another incident where the Germans came to my greatgrandfathers farm and stole all the food and livestock. All they had to eat for 2 years was rutabega.

And these Ancedots are nothing compared to what they did in Eastern Europe.

There are a few ways of approaching the subject. Let us think about the world today:

(1) Thousands of children die every day of starvation
(2) Fifty percent of the world earns less than $1 per day
(3) Far more people have been killed by war since 1945 than during WWII
(4) We are in a period of western economic stagnation and decline
(5) We have democracy but the affluent control our lives
(6) We face massive ecological disasters, etc.

Most of these problems are a result of American-style capitalism and the total disregard for the sanctity of life characterized by the wealthy in that state. Does it get any worse than this? American capitalism (free market economies) do more damage than the intellectual elite likes to admit. Since they form and mold what we believe, we are hardly in a position to think objectively.

Ollie Garchy

Ollie Garchy said:
There are a few ways of approaching the subject. Let us think about the world today:

(1) Thousands of children die every day of starvation
(2) Fifty percent of the world earns less than $1 per day
(3) Far more people have been killed by war since 1945 than during WWII
(4) We are in a period of western economic stagnation and decline
(5) We have democracy but the affluent control our lives
(6) We face massive ecological disasters, etc.

Most of these problems are a result of American-style capitalism and the total disregard for the sanctity of life characterized by the wealthy in that state. Does it get any worse than this? American capitalism (free market economies) do more damage than the intellectual elite likes to admit. Since they form and mold what we believe, we are hardly in a position to think objectively.

Ollie Garchy

I'm afraid you put too much store in America's abilities. Most of what you listed are natural disasters and poor use of natural resources. Overpopulation is the worst ecological disaster and, unfortunately, that happens because of ignorance.

Basically, the world would like what the occupied nations of Europe.

Not only Jews were executed, don't ever fall for that misconception.
If you were in the SS, and accused of being a Homosexual, you would be executed for example.

People from the scandanavian nations were removed from their families and sent to German during the war, in operations run by the SS, similar to the Stolen Generations here in Australia. In fact people in all occupied nations were sent to factories and labour camps in Germany.
All political opponents would just die. Intellectuals cosidered a threat would disappear, the Disabled (Mentally and Physically) would be killed.
Imagine if the Nazis controlled not only their concentration and labour camps, but the USSR's as well. I can guarentee, the world would have a significantly lower population.

The state controlled all press, all workforce, there was only one Political Party, there was no private ownership of weapons, the Wermacht was by law the sole bearer of arms, but the SS and Getapo did possess significant arsenals.

Unless you were a senior membe of the Nazi Party, it did not look very pretty. Nobody was exempt of the Horrors of the Regime. If Hitler or any of the Senior Nazi's viewed you as a threat, you were done for.

Now the national boarders, with Hitlers unpredictability, anyones guess is as good as any.

Back