What should fly in the Iraqi Air Force? - Page 2


Read more about What Should Fly in the Iraqi Air Force? InsideDefense.com NewsStand | Martin Matishak | June 23, 2006 Coalition and Iraqi air force officials will gather for a series of


  International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

 
June 29th, 2006   #11
gladius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
Reactivate and give'em the RAH-66 Comanche the Americans cancelled. Also Chinooks, C-130s, F-22s, F-117s.
If for some reason they are not able to keep their democracy and down the line they turn against us, you'll be the first one to complain why we gave them those advanced weapons in the first place, right.

You suggested something like this before, shows the kind of rash and naive thinking you have.
 
June 29th, 2006   #12
Easy-8
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius
If for some reason they are not able to keep their democracy and down the line they turn against us, you'll be the first one to complain why we gave them those advanced weapons in the first place, right.
If that happened. I am sure that a pic much like the little Rummy/Saddam photo will be very common among those with leftist ideals.


 
--
June 30th, 2006   #13
Damien435
 
 
Guys, I think Mohmar was being sarcastic, or I hope he was at least.


Please note that 98% of what I say is my opinion and/or my "version" of the facts. Most of what I say is rumor with little to no evidence to back it up, just something I picked up somewhere.

My City
 
June 30th, 2006   #14
CanadianCombat
 
 
Give them the Wright Brothers Kittyhawk, and a couple parachutes.
 
July 1st, 2006   #15
Mohmar Deathstrike
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Guys, I think Mohmar was being sarcastic, or I hope he was at least.
Yes and no. I think the US shouldn't give them any weapons and withdraw. But if the US to eat the cake and have it, i.e. want the Iraqi government to remain in power as well as not losing their own troops anymore, they should give them some advanced, powerful stuff.
 
July 1st, 2006   #16
WarMachine
 
 
If iraq can become stable then after the troop withdrawal iraq should get f 16s. Evey country that's our ally has those jets, even saudi arabia. The C 130 and other support craft should be included, and maybe something that can attack sea targets for gulf warfare. All this technology has been around for decades and the units have proliferated greatly, what are we worried about? Security? They're military aircraft, they'll be in hangars guarded well.


bella! Horrida bella!
War! Horrid war!

There are no warlike people, just warlike leaders
 
July 2nd, 2006   #17
Rabs
 
 
Quote:
All this technology has been around for decades and the units have proliferated greatly, what are we worried about? Security? They're military aircraft, they'll be in hangars guarded well.
Not if they belong to a radical Islamic government or Iran, both are pretty likely ways this is gonna turn out.


 
July 2nd, 2006   #18
WarMachine
 
 
If that happens then america would eventually fail to establish a democracy in the region. Besides, everyone and their second cousin has an f 16, those are not as great as they used to be, that's why you would give them to a poorer country these days as a start up airforce.

how would iran gain iraqi weapons?
 
July 2nd, 2006   #19
Rabs
 
 
Quote:
If that happens then america would eventually fail to establish a democracy in the region. Besides, everyone and their second cousin has an f 16, those are not as great as they used to be, that's why you would give them to a poorer country these days as a start up airforce.

how would iran gain iraqi weapons?
Well, if we hop tail and run Iraq is just a big ole oil lake with a heavily shia majority. Iran is a shia country with a big ole army that can occupy a generally friendly country. Also even as we are there Iran has there own poloticaly backed factions in Iran. So there could be an over or covert take over of Iraq by Iran.
 
July 4th, 2006   #20
WarMachine
 
 
I see, wouldn't that be a follow up to a civil war then? I'm sure the other 40% of iraq wouldn't want exclusive shia rule and both sides would probably waste a lot of their jets and tanks fighting each other or lose them to sabotage. Iran gaining an alliance with iraq is possible, but if we stabilize the nation then i don't think we have much to worry about. If they're going to be our allies shouldn't we trust them? If not, what message would that send the iraqi government about their relations with America?
 



Tags
air, force, hoog, iraqi, itaf

Similar Topics
JF-17 Vs LCA Tejas
Differences between Army and Air Force
Day In Pictures - September 19 (British tanks Attacked )
Battle of Persia
Chinese military aircraft present situation