what medals and ribbons do YOU have?

The only legitimate ones I have are Expert quals for the M16A2 and the M9, but I got me a whole chestful of ROTC fruit salad. :lol:

salat.jpg

Do you recognize any of them?? :D

top: Foreign service over 6 months
Row 2: Normal Service Medal (Army) with 1 star for each 4 years, Lebanon, Macedonia, Bosnia.
Row 3: "Sharpshooter" merit badge for 6 years (star for +3 years), Marching merit badge (30km with 11kg) for 8 years, More shooting stuff, Nijmegen Medal (170-180km, 4 days) 3 times..

And of course a LOT more I can't show you without killing you.. :m16:

:lol: The one bottom row second from the right (the "more shooting stuff") is the same ribbon as one I received for "Tactical Excellence." (Ain't I good?) What is it for in Norway?

NU NAVY UNIT COMMENDATION 1
PU PRESIDENTIAL UNIT CITATION 1
MU MERITORIOUS UNIT COMMENDATION 1
SD SEA SERVICE DEPLOYMENT RIBBON 3
NN NATIONAL DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL 2
GC MARINE CORPS GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL 3
NA NAVY AND MARINE CORPS ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL 1

I have an assload of ROTC ribbons, and an unofficial sharpshooter qualification badge for the M16

Redneck said:
:lol: The one bottom row second from the right (the "more shooting stuff") is the same ribbon as one I received for "Tactical Excellence." (Ain't I good?) What is it for in Norway?

I forgot to answer this one.. :oops:

It's the NAIS medal (pronounced: nice medal..... :D )
It stands for "Norsk Avdeling av Den Internasjonale Skytterunion".
(You understand that one, right... :wink: )

It's a shooting/marksmanship medal.
We use our AG3 rifle, 10 shots lying down, and 10 on our knees on 200 meters distance.
You have to take the gold badge, bronze medal, silver medal, and then you get the gold medal/ribbon.
Each step here increases the difficulty, and you can only take one pr year, so you have to use a minimum of 4 years to get that ribbon..
The ribbon is not that special, but it's actually quite difficult to get (I don't remember the score right now...)

Mmmmmm...as I recall (I'm an old guy) 2 bronze stars w/V, 2 Army accomidation metals, 4 air medals,, a few of unit citations, good conduct (don't know why) purple heart, jumpwings with bronze star (combat jumps), Vietnamese jumpwings....a couple of vietnamese metals of some sort, but the only one that counts is the CIB, combat infantry badge.

George

well...

i got a bunch of them but i really dont care much about them anymore...my son thinks they look pretty :wink:

AF Commendation Medal 2 oal leaf clusters=3
AF Achievement Medal 1 Silver oak cluster=6
AF Outstanding Unit 1 Silver=6
AF Good Conduct 1 silver cluster
National Defense Service Medal
SW Asia Service Medal 2 oak leaf clusters
AF long Tour Ribbon
AF Short Tour Ribbon
AF longeviety Ribbon 4 oak leaf clusters
AF PME Ribbion with a oak leaf cluster
AF Marsksman Ribbon with bronze star, M-16, 9 mil
AF Basic Training Ribbon

Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
National Defense Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal

Rifle Sharpshooter(M-16)
Pistol Expert(Berretta 92F 9mm)

One thing is for sure. The Marines hate giving medals out, I mean you could capture Bin Laden, Save 100kids and Disable a nuke(all in one hour) and they would be like "Bronze Star"

But hey, it means something when you recieve one of those.

so far i have very few medals as my service is only at its beginning stage. I have a ribbon for bosnia, a couple of marsmanship things (id rather be allowed to use a sniper rifle) and a good conduct medal. im keeping my fingers crossed for that victoria cross one day :D

rpgincoming said:
so far i have very few medals as my service is only at its beginning stage. I have a ribbon for bosnia, a couple of marsmanship things (id rather be allowed to use a sniper rifle) and a good conduct medal. im keeping my fingers crossed for that victoria cross one day :D

When did you serve in Bosnia?
I was there in 99.
Please introduce yourself in the Welcoming center...
(we are a bit pushy on that one.. ;) )

i was actually in bosnia just last year, we also have word we may be going to Aphganistan if the Canadian government decides to increase our troop support there. I've only been soldiering for about hmmm. almost 4 years so i dont exactly have a lot of experience under my belt like some of you boys, plus for my first year i was in a reserve unit.

Back