what medals and ribbons do YOU have?

I don't know how to get the ribbons to show but in list form

The Sacrifice Medal (kind of a Canadian Purple Heart)
Southwest Asia Service Medal
General Campaign Star, Southwest Asia
Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal
Stabalisation Force Bosnia
United Nations Protection Force Bosnia
Canadian Decoration (A long Service Medal)

As well I received a Commander in Chief Commendation that goes under my medals. Not near the list that allot of you guys have, but not bad for a Canadian.

I don't know how to get the ribbons to show but in list form

The Sacrifice Medal (kind of a Canadian Purple Heart)
Southwest Asia Service Medal
General Campaign Star, Southwest Asia
Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal
Stabalisation Force Bosnia
United Nations Protection Force Bosnia
Canadian Decoration (A long Service Medal)

As well I received a Commander in Chief Commendation that goes under my medals. Not near the list that allot of you guys have, but not bad for a Canadian.
You earned them. Be proud of them.

I'm probably the least decorated here lol

Well, I have a bunch of Russian Airborne achievement and memorial badges

Parachute Jumping 3d Class (that's high, by the way, there are 10 classes, in total. I achieved 3d, the only person I know that got to 1st is my father. Seriously.)
3606765.jpg

Two different 80th Anniversary badges I got last year
big5309image.jpg

big5306image.jpg

Hand-to-hand combat Champion badge
406.jpg

Combat Sambo Class 2
380.jpg

Dembel badge
1087.jpg

They give these out at the end of service.

Cross badge
399.jpg

For serving more than regular 2 years.

I also have a medal

7.60.jpg

'For service in Airborne Forces'

I also have the 'Cossack Glory' III class orden
KazaciaSlava-3.jpg

For helping disarm and arrest a gang of house-robbers while in our local Cossack militia.

Also have a 'Glory and Honor' Cossack medal

II class
00000178.jpg

and I class
00000181.jpg

That's it. I'm ashamed to say, besides the above mentioned incident with the robber gang, I've not seen any actual combat...:sorry:

ITS SO FUNNY how I noticed the majority of the people posting about all the shiney flash they got OR WANT are either junior officers or officers in training.

Maybe instead of worrying about what goes on your g-d damn chest, focus more on the men you will be leading some day. All too often I see enlisted biting the bullet for officers OER and career progression. So sick of it. Then officers wonder why combat arms discredit them on all corners of the table.

Focus on what you need to do the right way, ribbons come to you through pain, hardship and blood. Remember that you stupid kids.....

Oh and one more thing. For the ones who post their unit citations as their own personal ones really need to either not include it on their personal rack or create a special paragraph for it. Get over yourselves lol.

Last edited:
There are lots of differant areas on this Forum. Some talk about equipement, some about politics and others about Heraldry. If you have no interest in Honours and Awards than why bother going to this thread? Is the need to belittle others that much of a Motivating Factor in your life that you must search for areas of opertunity? I myself have 7 Medals, 3 of which are Spam Medals. But they are my Medals and if I wish to post them here than so be it. If you don't wish to post yours than go to a differant thread and stop wasting your time and mine. If you are concerned that people can't tell the differance between spam and real Medals than I beleive you are valuing the opinions of the wrong crowd. If they can't tell the differance between a Victoria Cross and a Canadian Decoration than who cares what they think?

Denmark has no real tradition of handing out medals and the criteria for receiving a medal is pretty high.

So I have the medals for participation in the Misiones in Iraq and Afganistan and a couple of march medals.

It was a tough way through, 5+ years so far and i still feel as if it's the first day! The FFL is never out of action!

mountainsr.jpg
Mountain Commando Course - 2REG, France
ffdjrecto.jpg
Desert Commando - 13 DBLE, Djibouti
insignacefeaguerrisseme.jpg
Course Jungle - 3REI, Guyanne
insignacommando3reirect.jpg
Moniteur Commando - 3REI, Guyanne
tireur.jpg
Sniper Shooter - 2 REG, France

As for the Decorations

Combatant Medal, Wounded Medal, Colonial Deployment, External Operations, Courage Medal
150pxcroixducombattant1.png
218pxmedailleinsignedes.png
outremercolonialeribbon.png
medaillreconnaissancena.jpg
honneurpouractedecourag.png

My ribons.

%7B4B80ABB7-BC37-472F-A795-93F656EF490C%7D.png

Armed Forces Service Medal in silver.

Armed Forces Medal in bronze for International Service.

The National Home Guard's Silver Medal.

Swedish Federation for Voluntary Defence Education and Training Gold medal of Merit.

Swedish Red Cross Silver medal of Merit.

Swedish Civil Defence Association's Bronze medal of Merit.

4th Artillery Regiment's Commemorative Medal.

The 4-days Nijmegen march medal in bronze. (first time)

NATO Non-Article 5 - Operations in the Balkans.

I have some more but i havent posted medals that are "forbidden" to wear to swedish uniform.

Many are from voluntary organisations. Like being in the right place at the right time type of medals :?

My ribbons:
Ribborna.JPG

FN-smiley.gif

The ribbons are as follows:
Top row: Swedish Armed Forces Basic Training, Swedish Armed Forces Medal for International Service (2 times), Kronobergarnas Drill Corps
Second row: US Army Good Conduct Medal, NATO Kosovo Medal( 2 times), DanCon March (Danish Contingent March)

How can you have got the US Army Good Conduct Medal?

awards_clip_image002.jpg

SGAUS Member Recognition Medal

Being in the Virginia Defense Force, awards are hard to come by due to the nature of our duty, so I'm proud of the one I have.

Oh and one more thing. For the ones who post their unit citations as their own personal ones really need to either not include it on their personal rack or create a special paragraph for it. Get over yourselves lol.

If I could, I would wear my unit awards above my personal ones any day of the week. It's not about you, remember?

ARCOM 2
AAM 1
MUC 1
NUC 1
AGCM 2
NDSM 1
ACM-CS 1
ICM-CS 3
GWTSM 1
NOPDR 1
ISAF NATO 1
ASR 1
OSR 3
CIB 1

US ARMY:
MEDALS
Meritorious Service Medal
Army Commendation Medal w/1 silver cluster and 2 Bronze clusters (6 total awards of this medal)
Army Achievement Medal
Good Conduct Medal w/silver bar & knot (7 total of this medal)
National Defense Serive Medal w/1 bronze star (for service during the Viet Nam & Gulf War #1)
Viet Nam Service Medal w/2 bronze stars
Korean Defense Service Medal
Non Commissioned Officer Professional Development Medal w/#3 (Senior NCO level)
Army Service Medal
Army Overseas Medal w/ #5 (overseas tours= Germany-2; Korea-2; Japan-1)
Republic of Viet Nam Campaign Ribbon
Republic of Viet Nam Cross of Gallantry w/palm leaf
Recruiters Badge w/3 gold stars
Expert Weapons Qualification Badge: M-14, M-16 and .45 Cal ACP

Aussies like Brits tend to be pretty sparse with medals. Unlike the Canadians and Brits, we're not even doing the Diamond Jubilee for Queenie... although strangely enough the civilians seem to be the only ones upset about that.

I have a solitary Australian Defence Medal (or ADM) for 4 years or more effective service (I think I have 8 or so effective racked up). We call it the 'Thanks for Coming' medal, or the 'Coke Gong' as it's red with black/white trim just like a Coke can.

medal.jpg

Last edited:
Not only getting the Diamond Jubilee medal this year, to keep the Gold Jubilee medal company, but I am also getting my Long Service and Good Conduct, well, Long Service medal too:D

Just need a dress uniform to wear them on.

Not only getting the Diamond Jubilee medal this year, to keep the Gold Jubilee medal company, but I am also getting my Long Service and Good Conduct, well, Long Service medal too:D

Just need a dress uniform to wear them on.

As they say during presentation, "Awarded for 12 years years of undetected crime."

Aussies like Brits tend to be pretty sparse with medals. Unlike the Canadians and Brits, we're not even doing the Diamond Jubilee for Queenie... although strangely enough the civilians seem to be the only ones upset about that.

No doubt I'm entitled to some, but I've never even bothered to inquire what they are.

Every year I turn out for Anzac Day and someone usually asks, to which I reply along the lines of, "They'll make me no richer, nor my life any happier, and I have no need or desire to impress anyone, so what's the fuss"?

:sorry::eek:fftopic:
Trooper is the chap behind you Royal Anglians? Or angle irons as we use to call them.:sorry:

I was issued a marksman's badge in the RAF on the old 303, and another in the TA on the L1A1. I have no idea if I am entitled to any "gongs" I can't be bothered to find out, besides which, trying to get medals out of the British military is akin to getting blood out of a stone.

A chap was being awarded a GSM (General Service Medal) and was asked if he wanted a parade, like a berk he said yes. After the parade he ended up with his head down the toilet. His mates were really annoyed. lol

Last edited:
:sorry::eek:fftopic:
Trooper is the chap behind you Royal Anglians? Or angle irons as we use to call them.:sorry:

He is indeed an Amoured Farmer!:-D
We would chant: "I can't read, and I can't write, but that don't really matter, coz I'm a Royal Anglian, and I can drive my tractor"
In a really bad Norfolk accent.

When I got presented with the Golden Jubilee medal, I was called in the office and had the box lobbed at me with an "cop this"
As I'm due a double this year there is talk of a ceremony, but I'm really interested.

Back