What If: Eurofighter and JSF cancelled

They refused to supply the ammunition, I can't remember where the blokes got them in the end but Belgium annoyed quite a few people. At the end of the day, Belgium didn't do themselves any favours.

Back then the UK used the FN-FAL, right? I think the Canadians were using it too, so if Belgium refused to sell the ammunition to these assault rifles; the British might purchase the ammunition from Canada.

Back then the UK used the FN-FAL, right? I think the Canadians were using it too, so if Belgium refused to sell the ammunition to these assault rifles; the British might purchase the ammunition from Canada.

I believe it was larger calibre ammunition Belgium wouldn't supply, Radway and other UK factories in UK produced small arms ammunition by the millions, so that was not the problem. I can't exactly remember but I believe it was the US supplied us with what we needed.

I believe it was larger calibre ammunition Belgium wouldn't supply, Radway and other UK factories in UK produced small arms ammunition by the millions, so that was not the problem. I can't exactly remember but I believe it was the US supplied us with what we needed.

I heard/read the British Intelligence tried to buy every Exocet missile on the black market, if they couldn't, the Intelligence destroyed them, meanwhile the British Government tried to convince France to not sell them to Argentina. The US even provided the UK with satellite pictures and all the US known about Argentina

I heard/read the British Intelligence tried to buy every Exocet missile on the black market, if they couldn't, the Intelligence destroyed them, meanwhile the British Government tried to convince France to not sell them to Argentina. The US even provided the UK with satellite pictures and all the US known about Argentina

From what I understand the Falklands war put the US in a very awkward position, as the US were allies of both Britain and Argentina.

From what I understand the Falklands war put the US in a very awkward position, as the US were allies of both Britain and Argentina.

I will take a plunge into the Falklands War; the last documentary I watched about it was the 20th Century Battlefield. A father and son thing, their last name is Snow, I think. The son has a TV show called Battle castle going on right now (Discovery Channel)

If I remember correctly; India faced a lot of problems to get spare parts and ammunition after they purchase the howitzer 77 from Sweden, the Swedish left-wing government disliked India’s conflict with Pakistan.

I will take a plunge into the Falklands War; the last documentary I watched about it was the 20th Century Battlefield. A father and son thing, their last name is Snow, I think. The son has a TV show called Battle castle going on right now (Discovery Channel)

I've never heard of a TV show called Battle castle.

If I remember correctly; India faced a lot of problems to get spare parts and ammunition after they purchase the howitzer 77 from Sweden, the Swedish left-wing government disliked India’s conflict with Pakistan.

This is the problem with buying military hardware from another country. I remember Britain bought a load of 22 rimfire ammunition from India years ago because it was cheaper then the British manufactured, most of it misfired.

I've never heard of a TV show called Battle castle.

This is the problem with buying military hardware from another country. I remember Britain bought a load of 22 rimfire ammunition from India years ago because it was cheaper then the British manufactured, most of it misfired.

Battle Castle is on History Channel, my bad, sorry about that. I add the trailer for it. Dan Snow is traveling around and visiting old castles in Europe and one in the Middle East, how they were built and what happened to them. Interesting for people into that kind of history.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GosN_DWuQx8"]Battle Castle.TV: Series Trailer with Dan Snow now airing on History TV in Canada - YouTube[/ame]

The Swedish affair with the howitzer deal to India was a political bomb, when the Swedish government refused to sell spare parts, new howitzers, and ammunition. The arm manufactory (Bofors) sold the Indians things under the table, but a whistleblower exposed to whole thing.

The Swedish affair with the howitzer deal to India was a political bomb, when the Swedish government refused to sell spare parts, new howitzers, and ammunition. The arm manufactory (Bofors) sold the Indians things under the table, but a whistleblower exposed to whole thing.

That seems strange as Bofors was taken over by BAE a massive British arms manufacturing company, it even supplies the aft fuselage, tails, fins, electronic warfare system, and various other sub-systems for the F-35 Lightning II.

That seems strange as Bofors was taken over by BAE a massive British arms manufacturing company, it even supplies the aft fuselage, tails, fins, electronic warfare system, and various other sub-systems for the F-35 Lightning II.

The whole arm manufacture sector is a very complex thing to figure out, who owns what. The risk for similar events as what Belgium did is perhaps lesser today. The thinking behind this is to get the European arm manufactures to be one, more or less. Countries are so dependent on to get what they need, for the European battle groups, the Petersberg's tasks etc. So if one doesn't want to do something, that country might lose the supplies for their own forces.

The whole arm manufacture sector is a very complex thing to figure out, who owns what. The risk for similar events as what Belgium did is perhaps lesser today. The thinking behind this is to get the European arm manufactures to be one, more or less. Countries are so dependent on to get what they need, for the European battle groups, the Petersberg's tasks etc. So if one doesn't want to do something, that country might lose the supplies for their own forces.

I agree totally, but do yourself a favour and check out the BAE website and see what they are up to, what they produce and where, I was amazed. They even took over Denel here in South Africa.

I agree totally, but do yourself a favour and check out the BAE website and see what they are up to, what they produce and where, I was amazed. They even took over Denel here in South Africa.

I checked their website and what they are doing. They are everywhere

EF2000 and F-35 will not be cancelled. For NATO especially UK, EF2000 will be used primarily for common air to air and air to ground sorties where stealth not required but weapons count.
F-35A will be for stealth sorties:
1) hitting vital targets such as C&C HQ, GCI radar, SAM sites, supply lines, storages, etc behind enemy lines
2) served in most frontal lines ahead EF2000 to attack the possible threat such as Su-27SM, Su-30MK and Su-35BM from behind while EF2000 will finish off the rest with long range Meteor.

F-35B will be used mainly for close air support, most likely to be fitted with external ordnance on under wing pylons supporting ground troops attacking armored columns and invading tanks alongside attack helicopters..

For US, the F-35A/B/C will replace the F-16 and F/A-18 phase by phase for all sorties. Probably with variants carrying weapons externally where stealth is less required. It'll forgo stealth but will appear as low RCS on radar. The stealth variant will destroy all high potential threat first before the low RCS variants carrying ordnance externally are deployed.

If LM tried to cut throat with excessive pricing, the US Congress and MOD could always count on Boeing with Mc'D DNA partnered with Northrop/Grumman to develop their counterpart such as F-32 that will sell cheaper probably better with their much experience in building fighters.

EF2000 and F-35 will not be cancelled. For NATO especially UK, EF2000 will be used primarily for common air to air and air to ground sorties where stealth not required but weapons count.
F-35A will be for stealth sorties:
1) hitting vital targets such as C&C HQ, GCI radar, SAM sites, supply lines, storages, etc behind enemy lines
2) served in most frontal lines ahead EF2000 to attack the possible threat such as Su-27SM, Su-30MK and Su-35BM from behind while EF2000 will finish off the rest with long range Meteor.

F-35B will be used mainly for close air support, most likely to be fitted with external ordnance on under wing pylons supporting ground troops attacking armored columns and invading tanks alongside attack helicopters..

For US, the F-35A/B/C will replace the F-16 and F/A-18 phase by phase for all sorties. Probably with variants carrying weapons externally where stealth is less required. It'll forgo stealth but will appear as low RCS on radar. The stealth variant will destroy all high potential threat first before the low RCS variants carrying ordnance externally are deployed.

If LM tried to cut throat with excessive pricing, the US Congress and MOD could always count on Boeing with Mc'D DNA partnered with Northrop/Grumman to develop their counterpart such as F-32 that will sell cheaper probably better with their much experience in building fighters.
I was asking if they had been cancelled early in development, not currently.

If the F-35 is cancelled, UK could change his aircraft carrier program by buying Rafale M (who are operational). France talked with UK to make a french new aircraft carrier inspired by the new helizabeth class who can carrys Rafale M. There are an heavy partnerships between these two navys. May be that UK can build a different aircraft carrier compatible to Rafale M until devellop a new jets fighter who could be operational later.

If the F-35 is cancelled, UK could change his aircraft carrier program by buying Rafale M (who are operational). France talked with UK to make a french new aircraft carrier inspired by the new helizabeth class who can carrys Rafale M. There are an heavy partnerships between these two navys. May be that UK can build a different aircraft carrier compatible to Rafale M until devellop a new jets fighter who could be operational later.

Never going to happen, especially as the new carriers are already being built.

Plus we have no more money available... :evil:

Never going to happen, especially as the new carriers are already being built.

Plus we have no more money available... :evil:

No more money avaible? But what if the cost of the F-35 would increase again? And does UK will build a second AC?

No more money avaible? But what if the cost of the F-35 would increase again? And does UK will build a second AC?

We're building 2 new AC's.

Yes, no more money. As it is, we're cutting our armed forces (navy, army, marines and airforce) right back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fly-NEW-aircraft-carriers-cutbacks-bite.html

Britain will be forced to borrow U.S. warplanes to fly from the Royal Navy's new aircraft carriers because of defence cuts, the Daily Mail can reveal.
The Navy's Harrier Jump Jets - the aircraft that won renown in the Falklands conflict - are to be retired early leaving the two new carriers with no aircraft when they come into service.

Under the plans, the U.S. Marines would be invited to fly from the British carriers in joint operations and the Navy is also examining the prospect of leasing aircraft from the Americans.

Major costs savings are necessary because the Treasury budget for the carriers only covers the costs of building an empty shell - leaving no money for the aircraft to fly from them.
A senior military source said: 'The U.S. Marines have the aircraft. Their aircraft would fly from the British carriers. Or we could borrow some from them.

'The Treasury are happy to pay for the carriers but there's an issue over the cost of the aircraft.'

Are they ****ing stupid, what good is a carrier without aircraft. The stupidity of the British government knows no bounds.

Read the rest of the article, I am astonished beyond words.

Eurofighter and JSF project are out-date now.

China is developing some new space battleships who can carry the nuclear warheads patrol the solar system.
like this:
k0a8rp7pgnmks.jpg

of course ,these European claim the Chinese stole their design and idea again.:drunkb:

Back